ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 6

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Well mine turned up today and am really enjoying it, had it on for a good few hours and didn't even think about the PS4.....

I am playing this on a Wheel and Pedal/ Playseat set up so probably not how everyone will experience it but for me the changes are very noticeable over 5 , the handling of the cars is brilliant and each one has its own characteristics, the tyres and suspension have also been improved for the better. Taking Paddock hill in the Clio is very realistic , can feel the car get loaded up as you approach the bottom and want to understeer slightly, they seem to have got it bang on imo:) Willow springs is another very good track , never driven on it before so good to see what its like... Best part so far for me though has been the Goodwood hillclimb challenge in the X-Bow R... Mad car but when you get it under control is loads of fun blasting it up the hill sliding round the corners:D There are a few things that piss me of one being the units they insist on using for Torque which they do in kgfm what ever the hell that is.... lb-ft or Nm please:rolleyes: I like the fact you actually have to play single player 1st and obtain an A license before going online, that why will hopefully keep the idiots at bay:dead: but pretty impressed so far if you can't tell:p

A few pics :

11244824683_bae2fa1c3f_b.jpg

11244761886_24a9bb0f8d_b.jpg

11244828013_402b16e15a_b.jpg

11244760956_dcb5a78876_b.jpg

11244758536_91bd7e2c50_b.jpg

11244707785_c22369c285_b.jpg

11244756724_53671966a3_b.jpg

11244767966_8bcb9db3f6_b.jpg

11244827933_60535f1e96_b.jpg

11244716205_1443e6b9ff_b.jpg

Think I posted on the same thread as you on GTPlanet last night!

I only managed an hour and a half on it last night.

Watching other cars in races they look so much more realistic with the new suspension modelling. Was behind a CRX last night and bumped him just before he braked for the crest just after the first corner on Grand Valley. I thought the back wheels were off the ground with the amount the back end lifted lol.

Tyre squeel sounds great, very realistic to me.

Menu system is streamlined, although I quite liked the dodgy menu's of GT5 lol.

You can buy any car you want from the off so I had a replica of my car immediately. Do miss the used cars a bit.

Playing with a Fanatec CSR set up in my garage so if it wasn't f**king freezing in there I might have lasted longer. The cold was very realistic though when driving a Xbow around the ring at sunset. Which also looked amazing, especially around the Northern parts of the track where the sun could only be seen in the mirrors.

If they ever bother to sort the engine sounds it would feel like a much more complete experience. Hopefully the AI improves on later races as it feels very much GT5 at the moment.

Goliath I
I read somewhere that you could create your own tracks. E.g. You upload the gps data (or something like that) for a road and the game will generate the track?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I read somewhere that you could create your own tracks. E.g. You upload the gps data (or something like that) for a road and the game will generate the track?

That sounds horrific, and will no doubt lead to thousands of people learning 'their track' in GT, then trying it in real life and failing epically.

Goliath I
Perhaps one of the most highly anticipated features in Polyphony's upcoming installment of the Gran Turismo franchise is its track creator. We played around with a version of this in GT5, and while it was quite cool, it did leave something to be desired. It's safe to say the track creator in Gran Turismo 6 will be far more versatile.

At some point after the game's launch, players will be able to download a GPS-enabled app to their smartphones. Turn it on while on your choice of road, and the app tracks elevation and GPS coordinates to create a replica of the road in the game. That's right, you can essentially add any road on the planet into GT6.

As Road and Track points out, the possibilities are nearly endless. The Transfăgărășan Highway, the Stelvio Pass, your favorite section of the PCH or the obscure, local road course should all be possible if the app and game work as intended. Factor in features like changing weather and lighting conditions, and GT6 is shaping up to be a seriously cool title.

The drawbacks of the new track creator, meanwhile, are of the mild variety. Obviously, you aren't going to be able to recreate the spectacular scenery of the PCH, merely the road itself. The track creator is also limited in the size of the track, confining gamers to a 20-by-20-mile area, which to be fair, will still fit the Nürburgring inside of it. And finally, we wonder how the app will manage road widths. Surely, part of the challenge that comes with some roads and tracks is that they're quite narrow, without much in the way of runoff areas. Will the game be able to recognize that? We hope so.

Coming soon... (Apparently)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
That sounds horrific, and will no doubt lead to thousands of people learning 'their track' in GT, then trying it in real life and failing epically.

Yeah sounds shite :what:

Idiots are going to be idiots whatever you give them to play with. Bring on Oulton Park.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Played this all yesterday... Being a GT fanboi I love it as expected. I can feel the difference straight away and enjoy the new menu layout. Physics wise I think it's where it should be, I'm finding set up makes a difference more so as well. I'm playing with a Fanatec Carrera wheel and also played with the controller. Also there's less tyre squeal!!

The AI is the same though. Hopefully it gets more interesting as you progress but I'm almost on International A and it's just a procession with the odd battle. Not a 10 car battle I hoped for!

Goodwood and the 15th Anniversary Cars are a highlight though. So much fun just piling times with different cars!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The AI is the same though. Hopefully it gets more interesting as you progress but I'm almost on International A and it's just a procession with the odd battle. Not a 10 car battle I hoped for!

Sounds doubtful if you are at that level and nothing changed.

I'm going to take back my comment on the tyres. It sounds great up until you exceed the limit. Spinning out hurt my ears lol.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Havnt had much of chance to play this over the weekend end. The only negative at the minute for me is that they have taken out the used car dealership!

I really liked that aspect of GT5. Buying unusual cars put of necessity.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Played a bit more over the weekend (passed National A), I enjoyed...

The GTR/Nurburgring 1 litre/2 min fuel challenge (but where is the online leaderboard?)
Seasonal Time Trial at Brands Hatch.
Driving the S2000 that you win on Comfort Soft tyres in the FR Races, just seems to work without being too easy. Got overtaken a couple of times on Silverstone :eek:.
5 minute races.

Had a couple of goes online, which ended up just being races around the 'ring. Wasn't too great, Racing Softs, 530-560pp, catch up on weak and lots of ramming going on. With a better group of people, shorter tracks and more interesting tyre choice it could be a lot better.

Where have the 0-60, 0-100 and high speed run tests gone. :banghead:

Have noticed that when near to an AI car coming out of a corner they just seem to slow down and let you pass lol. Gran Turismo 6 - The Real Trackday Simulator.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Sounds doubtful if you are at that level and nothing changed.

I'm going to take back my comment on the tyres. It sounds great up until you exceed the limit. Spinning out hurt my ears lol.

The tyre squeal is improved personally. As long as you're on sports they only squeal when you push on rather than every corner at 20mph.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Forgive me lord for I have sinned:quiet: I wanted to be a good lad and earn credits the correct way but I am rather impatient in my old age and have no time for grinding, neither do I like sony's answer which is spend a stupid amount of real cash to earn an amount of game credits that can be wiped out in a second:S I was browsing the GTP forums when it seems dark forces were at play and led me to a certain video posted below and now my Garage has 400+ cars in and I haven't spent a penny... oh lord what have I done;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The tyre squeal is improved personally. As long as you're on sports they only squeal when you push on rather than every corner at 20mph.

I tried just through the tv the other day and spinning didn't sound so bad, I didn't like it through headphones that were turned up though lol.

Not managed to get on it the past couple of days!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
How do I get the photos from photo mode onto my computer?

Once you have taken the photo go to library and select the photo then press triangle which will bring up a menu, select export to xmb and it will then put it in your photo section on xmb... from there you copy it to a usb stick and treat it like any other photo.

Do all cars have an incar view now not just a shadow?? Looks really good gt6 better than 5 anyways

No all standard cars still have black interiors apart from the open top stop which is sort of detailed... tbh it really doesn't bother me as 95% of the time I am playing in road cam mode but some will still moan.

The new M4 was added to the dealership today but don't bother buying it as you win one for doing the seasonal event that comes with it, its a very good car once you fit sports softs rather than the hard that are fitted.. took a few pics of it:)

11342765063_37559b48c1_b.jpg

11342700176_f0386ca92e_b.jpg

11342614885_db17430f7a_b.jpg

11342721714_5099995a5f_b.jpg

11342612155_9a3563006a_b.jpg

11342691726_a7f04fda29_b.jpg

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Anybody try the cheat yet?
Apparently if you accept the merc from the patch, then uninstall the patch you can sell it for 20mil.....and rinse and repeat.
Until they close the hole i guess

They can't though. Unless they get Sony to update the OS so you can't delete game data.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I caved in and glitched. This is only a stop gap until Forza 5 so I'm not too bothered.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yep but this time there appears to be no separation between the two so you have to look harder to find the premium models, unless I've missed something obvious in the dealership.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I caved in and glitched. This is only a stop gap until Forza 5 so I'm not too bothered.

Good man;) But why are you waiting for a worse game that is stripped to hell?:p

You can also do the glitch with the New M4 or NSX concept, do it with the M4 though as it only cost 120,000cr so buy as many as you can/need then sell them for 20 million each... once you have finished shopping ( 460 cars for me ) stock up on the old ford mk4 racing car or gt40 (20mil version ) and when you go back to v1.01 sell them for 6 million each until you hit the new 50 million limit plus leave a few in stock for a rainy day:cool:

So out of the 1200 cars, there's still the difference between standard and premium? LOL.

Yes still a difference being lack of interior detail but from the outside they have got them to a much better standard... there are still 1 or 2 ugly ducklings but I'm really not bothered.
Example of a standard car in GT6
Rondayb.jpg

CTRAscari.jpg

Yep but this time there appears to be no separation between the two so you have to look harder to find the premium models, unless I've missed something obvious in the dealership.

Easiest way to tell is look at the Windows, most standards have tinted windows although some are now clear.. nothing saying which is standard or premium as they are now all classed the same.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Good man;) But why are you waiting for a worse game that is stripped to hell?:p

You can also do the glitch with the New M4 or NSX concept, do it with the M4 though as it only cost 120,000cr so buy as many as you can/need then sell them for 20 million each... once you have finished shopping ( 460 cars for me ) stock up on the old ford mk4 racing car or gt40 (20mil version ) and when you go back to v1.01 sell them for 6 million each until you hit the new 50 million limit plus leave a few in stock for a rainy day:cool:

Easiest way to tell is look at the Windows, most standards have tinted windows although some are now clear.. nothing saying which is standard or premium as they are now all classed the same.

Ha because the cars sound better on Forza :p

Ill stock up on the gt40s now!

And yea I look out for the gallery view option but when you are trying to find the premium Mitsubishi Evo for example it proves quite difficult when it's in the middle of the list surrounded by s**tters.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
had a go at the cheat last night done it with m4 but when I went back into the game it crashed had to download patch again and game is ok again anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong

Audi TT 225 Quattro
had a go at the cheat last night done it with m4 but when I went back into the game it crashed had to download patch again and game is ok again anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong

Yes sorry I forgot to add make sure you do not have one of the cars selected that you plan on selling (vgt, m4, nsx concept) as this will cause the game to lock up and crash when going back to version 1.00 as it doesn't recognize the cars, select the clio or maybe a skyline for a safe bet;)... I found this out by accidentally selecting the vgt while in v1.00 and it froze within seconds.. hard reset got it working again as it didn't save the car I selected luckily.

RS Clio 182
I got this last week and loving it,its just a more refined version of GT5,the improved physics make it more fun to play,and the lighting effects have been improved - some of the replays and cars really are stunning for the PS3,and pushing it to the max. I did the £20M cheat just to get some of my fave all time cars in the garage,as i knew id never get through this long enough to buy them all. The first tiers in the career are still too boring for me,and it really is a 'grind' sometimes - its a disappointment they havnt improved on the AI much - but it IS better than GT5 - they do weave and go off the racing line a bit now. I love the inclusion of the 'vision' prototype stuff,and seasonal event always keep it refreshed.

Here is a pic i entered into the GT planet photomode comp :

Gemasolar_zps36cc974d.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Forgive me lord for I have sinned:quiet: I wanted to be a good lad and earn credits the correct way but I am rather impatient in my old age and have no time for grinding, neither do I like sony's answer which is spend a stupid amount of real cash to earn an amount of game credits that can be wiped out in a second:S I was browsing the GTP forums when it seems dark forces were at play and led me to a certain video posted below and now my Garage has 400+ cars in and I haven't spent a penny... oh lord what have I done;)

Lol - just watched that. Classic :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yes sorry I forgot to add make sure you do not have one of the cars selected that you plan on selling (vgt, m4, nsx concept) as this will cause the game to lock up and crash when going back to version 1.00 as it doesn't recognize the cars, select the clio or maybe a skyline for a safe bet;)... I found this out by accidentally selecting the vgt while in v1.00 and it froze within seconds.. hard reset got it working again as it didn't save the car I selected luckily.

Cool have it sorted now thanks

Got this along with a steering wheel and stand from my other half for christmas.
Really enjoying it, everything is just a bit better than on gt5, I'm really enjoying the Goodwood events, great addition!

172 cup
Played this a bit now. Must say I'm a little disappointed overall.

Firstly fell that the gran turismo franchise has released a half finished game, again! Don't feel the graphics have moved on much from GT5, the lack of in car detail is truely shocking. I mean just a blacked out frame with not even a steering wheel!

Lots of the small details are wrong, for example 5 stud 172's. They have tried to make the graphics look good just by making the cars shine.

Gameplay is good, but bit disappointed the second hand dealer has gone and the parts are still the same as before. Think they could offer a better way to tailer tune your car.

And the only response seems to be that GT7 will be out on the ps4 soon, I will believe that when I see it!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Got this yesterday, have to say I'm disappointed that you have to race first to unlock the licence tests. Also hate the AI on this. Starting from the back of a rolling start and the leader is two corners ahead is a piss take.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Been playing this the last few days, had quite a lot of fun online killing people on the top speed runs using my supra (284 mph) had a pretty epic race with a Mclaren F1.

Really like the physics, looks like they have spent a lot of time working the suspension and tyres (but no so much on engine noise, a load sound generic)

asides from the engine notes, it's a pretty enjoyable experience. I would like the ability to remove the spoiler from the supra though.

Loading times are s**t.
Rolling starts are s**t.
Engine noises are s**t.
s**t arcade music is s**t.
Crashing noise is s**t.
Taking ridiculous short cuts is s**t.
Not being able to get licences at once is s**t.
Loading times are s**t.
Not having an option for "next race" is s**t.
Replay after every race is s**t.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Anything you like about it?

Only played it 3 times on the weekend of release. The PS3 I was planning on using for it is deceased which has pissed all over my plans of having it permanently set up with my wheel in the garage.

Anything you like about it?

Only played it 3 times on the weekend of release. The PS3 I was planning on using for it is deceased which has pissed all over my plans of having it permanently set up with my wheel in the garage.

Ill get back to you when I've played more. ;)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Has the gift car glitch been fixed ? Gave it a bash earlier and the second you delete the update data files it now no longer allows me to access my save file and disconnects me from PSN.

edit: looks fixed with the 1.02 patch :/

Last edited:
  Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Went on yesterday to do the Red Bull X2014 challenge as it was meant to unlock on the 1st, yet it's still not unlocked.

GT6 is getting a hard time imo. There are around 220 premium (full cockpit view etc) from gt5 plus a further 124 brand new premium cars for gt6 along with the 700+ standard cars apparently we will be getting more cars/tracks via DLC. Given the limitations of the ps3 now im pretty pleased with nearly 350 premium cars as forza 5 only has 180 cars total? correct me if i'm wrong.

All the tracks look stunning, really liking willow springs lovely track.
If anybody is playing this without a wheel then buy one, it totally transforms the game.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Just got this, first impressions are the handling / physics model is much better, really enjoying it. It does feel like you have just paid for that though, the addition of some great tracks is a massive plus, but in terms of car choice (where is the a45 amg, clio 200 edc, Mclaren P1? etc).

It feels like they have rushed it out although the physics engine still makes it worth a purchase for me. Just need to get a wheel now!