ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got rear ended today

Idiot, I bet you're one of these people that moans about the cost of insurance too. Ever wonder why? It's because c**ks make false claims.
i bet you would have a rite moan if someone smashed into the back of you tho and you had whiplash and a fooked car thats your pride and joy
Damn skippy, but I fail to see your point. You have a right to be mad, but you're considering making a false claim. Of course I would moan if I had whiplash, just like you would, however, we have something in common. Neither of us have whiplash.

This has just opened a can of worms, do claim dont claim, who gives a toss!

The insurance is only going up anyway itll not make a toss of a diffrence who is and whose not!

I pay my insurance year in, year out. It costs me a f**king fortune and it only goes up regardless of driving like an old biddy or taking bends like alonso.

If some taxi driving hill billy hits me from behind and im not injured then im going to grab an oppertunity with both hands!
Were you dropped on your head as a kid? Can you not see the correlation between people making false claims and insurance rises?

This country really is full of brain-dead morons.

MCS R56
i bet you would have a rite moan if someone smashed into the back of you tho and you had whiplash and a fooked car thats your pride and joy
Damn skippy, but I fail to see your point. You have a right to be mad, but you're considering making a false claim. Of course I would moan if I had whiplash, just like you would, however, we have something in common. Neither of us have whiplash.

The insurance is only going up anyway itll not make a toss of a diffrence who is and whose not!

I pay my insurance year in, year out. It costs me a f**king fortune and it only goes up regardless of driving like an old biddy or taking bends like alonso.

If some taxi driving hill billy hits me from behind and im not injured then im going to grab an oppertunity with both hands!
Were you dropped on your head as a kid? Can you not see the correlation between people making false claims and insurance rises?

Yes.

All of you saying premium will be higher regardless of fault should try a few quotes. I think you will find with a lot of insurers it will make no difference. I know for a FACT that my insurance has not been affected by a non-fault claim

I got rear ended 18 months ago by an uninsured muslim woman with a car full of kids whilst on the phone. She got 6 points, £200 fine. She paid the £200 fine then packed up and left. Solicitors etc cant find her to this day so im left minus my £400 excess. Suffice to say if id new then what i do now id have claimed for what was a very sore neck the day after. So my advise is go for it, you never know whats going to happen a few weeks down the line, with insurance, or your neck.

Astra van,Mk1 nova

who has said i have not got whiplash like?, it may be very minor but im still hurt and im going to the doctor tomorrow! im claiming for my injuries to me and my car, i fail to see why i shouldnt, there is a system so im going to use it:)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
gutted to hear about this mate, make sure you go to doctors first thing in the morning to get it on record of your whiplash, my mate got £1500 quid because he got it and was off work for a day.

his insurance still dropped the next year too when he declaired he had a not at fault claim and this was at 18 on a saxo vts! so cant make that much of a difference to ur premium

Banana
Totally gutted for ya mate, I know how much you love that car :( I hope they can pull the boot straight without any major surgery.
Just get yerself down to the A+E quick as and get yer neck looked at - your cervical vertibrae is a lot more important than your car ;)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
cheers guys :) once i take the missus to uni im nipping in past the bodyshop to see what there saying, doctors appointment is booked for this afternoon, i think the the boss of the taxi firm is wanting to do things privatly pending on cost, that would suit me fine tbh, would save me alot of hassle:)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
If you do it privately then you can't claim for whiplash :/

If you are wanting to go the insurance route, give www.helphire.co.uk a ring. They get you a like for like courtesy car whilst yours is in for repair and bill the other persons insurance the cost.

The accident was not your fault, you should not be inconvenienced.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Yes mummy, i didnt realise your whiter than white mate im telling how it is, your arguing over somthing that can never be changed or improved, insurance is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets remotley better!

clio 182 black /gold
That is nasty. As said check under the carpet. This is what happened to mine when a car skidded into me.
LeescarSmashed001.jpg

P1010369.jpg

P1010368.jpg

P1010367.jpg

P1010366.jpg

P1010365.jpg

P1010364.jpg

corsacrash.jpg

I know the fog lights are not CS aprovied but hey.

Chelsea tractor
If you actually had whiplash, you'd have gone to A&E by now...

PI lawyers are the equivalent of IFA's ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
your premium WILL go up regardless of fault...

that is a resounding FACT...

gutted for ya..

That is usually the case, but some companies do handle it differently. If you stay with the same company come renewal, it might make no difference (depending on the company) - but it will affect some new quotes. When I got my first quote with Admiral, I had to declare a claim within 3 years - but then 2 months later when I came to actually want the insurance, I re-quoted without the claim on as it was now 3 years and a month past - and the price was the same (was a no fault claim).

So there is hope yet if you do claim :)

Although I don't agree with some of the replies saying fake an injury claim heh. Acual whiplash f**king hurts - you almost certainly wouldn't be driving today if you had it and also, the doctor will know if you're faking as well, and might take a dim view...

Good luck with getting the car sorted with minimum hassle/cost dude!

Dan

Astra van,Mk1 nova
your premium WILL go up regardless of fault...

that is a resounding FACT...

gutted for ya..

That is usually the case, but some companies do handle it differently. If you stay with the same company come renewal, it might make no difference (depending on the company) - but it will affect some new quotes. When I got my first quote with Admiral, I had to declare a claim within 3 years - but then 2 months later when I came to actually want the insurance, I re-quoted without the claim on as it was now 3 years and a month past - and the price was the same (was a no fault claim).

So there is hope yet if you do claim :)

Although I don't agree with some of the replies saying fake an injury claim heh. Acual whiplash f**king hurts - you almost certainly wouldn't be driving today if you had it and also, the doctor will know if you're faking as well, and might take a dim view...

Good luck with getting the car sorted with minimum hassle/cost dude!

Dan

cheers mate :) i will say this again, why does everyone think im faking:S my neck hurts and i have a headach, surley symtoms of whiplash

I have just sorted the whole thing out via my insurance:) my car is getting fixed within the next week, i will be recieving a courtosy car of the same kind of power:cool: i dont lose my NCB and dont have to pay an excess and my claim forms are on there way, was actually really easy to do,

While i was at it i got some quotes of my own for the damage, 2x bodyshops said £800+ and another said £1000

im so glad thats not coming out of my own pocket

Thank you for some of the support you guys showed:)

Sorry to hear about this. You'll still have to fork out on the excess. It took me three months to get it back from the other guy's insurance.

Even though it wasn't your fault you will almost certainly be on insurance records as having made a claim and some will quote you higher On Line. Talk to them and they will get you a cheaper quote. My son had an electrical fire in a Corsa he owned for a week and was then getting ridiculous quotes because of his claim.

Hope it all goes well and that you are okay and you get the car back soon.

Black Gold with cup packs
I'd claim for everything if it was on someone elses insurance. I had it done to me, wouldn't think twice about putting in false claims!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'd claim for everything if it was on someone elses insurance. I had it done to me, wouldn't think twice about putting in false claims!

Thats the name of the game, f**k the rest, everyones doing it, why break the habit of a lifetime from eveyone else!

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
All of you saying premium will be higher regardless of fault should try a few quotes. I think you will find with a lot of insurers it will make no difference. I know for a FACT that my insurance has not been affected by a non-fault claim

i've recently had a bump MY fault only thisng bothering me was the people saying my insurance will be sky high come renewal time and at £1700 at the moment i was crapping myself, put ina quote CORRECTLY and it comes back at £700 stick that up you pipes lol

Astra van,Mk1 nova
:lolup:

just been to the doctor, said my whiplash will be even worse tomorrow, he felt about my neck and said there was defo swelling and he could feel something not rite, said the headaches were normal symtoms of whiplash, so kiss my ass everyone that said i was faking it:rasp:

i've recently had a bump MY fault only thisng bothering me was the people saying my insurance will be sky high come renewal time and at £1700 at the moment i was crapping myself, put ina quote CORRECTLY and it comes back at £700 stick that up you pipes lol

WTF? I was saying that the people saying the premium would go up are wrong!

320d

Thats the name of the game, f**k the rest, everyones doing it, why break the habit of a lifetime from eveyone else!

Tbh anyone who doesnt claim for whiplash given an opertunity is stupid, its extreamly hard to prove whether you have it or not and its a guaranteed £1500+ after all if it was the other way around they'd claim off you.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa

WTF? I was saying that the people saying the premium would go up are wrong!

aye i was agreeing with you just telling my story lol prob shouldve started by saying that :eek: sorry bud

That aint good about the swelling in yer neck bud :(

Outta curiousity, who you insured with ?

f**king hell £800 to a grand, it must be fooked :( Or is most of that labour ?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
thats the BS covering there arses i think, i mean by the time youve painted the bumper etc your looking at a fair bit :eek:

I cant wait to see what curtosy car i get, they said it would be of the same power (ish) the insurer thought it would be a golf gti or something :) should be fun for a few days :approve:

Impreza WRX
Just out of cusiosity - what do most of you pay for insurance?

Im 28,M, and mine is £430 fully c, and i have my bint on there too who is only 23............

C.

Clio 182 FF
Sorry to hear about your car, it's ok people saying accidents happen etc, but it is so frustrating when you can see that it could have easily been avoided if they were paying attention. That is the reason why over half of accidents happen. Glad your getting it sorted though :)

MCS R56
thats the BS covering there arses i think, i mean by the time youve painted the bumper etc your looking at a fair bit :eek:

I cant wait to see what curtosy car i get, they said it would be of the same power (ish) the insurer thought it would be a golf gti or something :) should be fun for a few days :approve:

Can't see you getting anything above a 1.6 Golf. I will be interested to find out what courtesy car you get.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
That aint good about the swelling in yer neck bud :(

Outta curiousity, who you insured with ?

f**king hell £800 to a grand, it must be fooked :( Or is most of that labour ?

£800 to £1k doesn't seem bad compared to mine.

£2k so far and it was a 10-20mph relative vel impact.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
unlucky mate. gutted to hear it. where did it happen by the way?

glad its been easy enough to get sorted out though. as for the whiplash claim. quite right. you obviously have a genuine injury that was someone elses fault, which isn't an accident, was pure carelessness imo!

How can someone with whiplash be walking around for a couple of days before seeing a doctor?

I hope they investigate you, find you making a fraudulent claim and void your insurance.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
How can someone with whiplash be walking around for a couple of days before seeing a doctor?

I hope they investigate you, find you making a fraudulent claim and void your insurance.

wise up!!

how was he "walking around for DAYS"?!

the accident happened on sunday, now how many doctors surgeries are open on a sunday? none up here. so he went to see the doctor at the earliest possible time which was the next day. his doctor has confirmed that something is not right, and i am sure that the correct course of action will have been taken by his doctor. its whiplash, not paralysed from the neck down. when i had whiplash after coming off a quad, i felt fine until a couple days later when my neck just completely stiffened up. didnt stop me going to work, but still bloody hurt! and if that suffering is caused by somebody elses carelessness and lack of concentration, then i would be using the appropriates channels to see that something is done. be it a cash settlement or private medical attention at the other persons insurance' expense, then so be it.