ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Bored :P Look What i got!

If you're no more likely to crash in a fast car than you are in a slow one, why does it cost more to insure fast cars?

If you're no more likely to crash in a fast car than you are in a slow one, why does it cost more to insure fast cars?

Because generally they're more valuable so the repair/pay out bill will be larger. Some cars are cheaper to insure yet faster than others.

Disastra Coupe
Why do people have to jump on his back for paying a high insurance price? Is it your money? No. Get a life and stop preaching on the net.

clio 182 sport
i think fair play if you have the money to do it, im 24 and my insurance is still expencive, but you can have fun in smaller engine car my old saxo's (vts + vtrs) were so much fun and so cheap to buy and repair and alot cheaper on insurance . . .

btw i work in insurance and i see kids that pay 4k to insure little bangers so seems like you got a really good deal :)

Mk2 Ph2 172
haters-gonna-hate-15.jpg

Mini Cooper S sport
Because generally they're more valuable so the repair/pay out bill will be larger. Some cars are cheaper to insure yet faster than others.

LOL! Are you serious!???

I think wasting £2.2k on insurance is mental at 18, you'd do better putting that towards a house deposit but that would be the sensible thing to do, and most 18-year-olds wouldn't even consider it. Biggest financial mistake I ever made was spending money on a car instead of property.

But it's your cash, you've got many years to look back and realise what you could have done with it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as ive said many times on here, i paid thousands in insurance on 172's at 17/18/19 and wouldnt change a thing, i was raj as f**k and out of control most of the time for the first few years but it was worth it!!

everyone on here loves to slate people for spending loads of money on insurance as its not financially worth while etc yet they are quite happy to walk into a dealership and buy a brand new clio 200 that sheds £3000 down the drain the minute you sign on the dotted line. why not buy a £300 pug 106 and drive that? it does the same job afterall?

182, 6r GTi
at 18 I had a 1.0 Austin Metro that was faster than an XR3i and could go round corners quicker. And could stop quicker. All built by myself and my Dad. I paid about £600 a year insurance, my mates with Xr3i's were paying £1200! (This was a long time ago btw!)

So i'm not a petrol head because I don't want to waste my money giving it to a massive insurance company that make billions every year?? Just lol.

u said a long time ago have you seen the premiums that people have to now pay just to insure a 1.2 its ridiculous my insurance on my 1st car (1.2) was 1600 and half the people wont touch you without bending you over and slipping a fist up your ass. this was 3/4 years ago now and its gone up even more since then.

IMO the insurance companies are shooting themselves in the foot, more people driving uninsured crashing in to insured drivers meaning there paying out, but at the same time passing the cost on to us, its a vicious circle, but then half the nobs i see that have just past deffo noshed off the instructor as they should never be on the road.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Rofl @ the insurance debate. Who cares if someone else spends too much on insurance? Seriously lol.

I got quoted £4,400 last summer for a 182. So £2,200 is not bad for an 18 year old. I'm 21.

Rofl @ the insurance debate. Who cares if someone else spends too much on insurance? Seriously lol.

I got quoted £4,400 last summer for a 182. So £2,200 is not bad for an 18 year old. I'm 21.

i had quotes this year of 7.5k as 2 which i laughed and said no thanks

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lol last year when I bought an integra I got a quote of £10,759 from a company that deals with performance cars for young drivers. Insane!

Lol last year when I bought an integra I got a quote of £10,759 from a company that deals with performance cars for young drivers. Insane!
certainly is.. i could get insured on a mk1 focus RS for cheaper than some of the quotes i got for the cup