ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a tad holesaw happy

yvuqude5.jpg

5u5ysehy.jpg

9uvugusu.jpg

What you guys reckon?

I love it, it's a weekend/track **** so I know it won't be to mosts taste.

I am a fan, get going on the inside now! presuming its stripped, also get a swager on them holes through the metal panel.

You can get a hole here on either side too ;)
IMG_0003-3.jpg

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
While I can see this being a benefit if temps are an issue, I'd imagine it will increase drag quite a bit won't it? The increase in drag would be greater than small weight saving for sure, so surely the enhanced cooling must be the only reason to do this?

S4 Avant
While I can see this being a benefit if temps are an issue, I'd imagine it will increase drag quite a bit won't it? The increase in drag would be greater than small weight saving for sure, so surely the enhanced cooling must be the only reason to do this?

Lowers intake temps. Heat soak saps power and anything that gets more air to the intercooler is a good thing

Renault Clio 172
I have tested this on the race car, and 4 holes will reduce the temp by 10deg's.

thats really interesting information actually!

I like it why not saved you a couple of grams ;) haha! not a big fan of the little holes in the front but the big holes front and rear hell yea! track ***** for the win!