ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got a f**k off front mount for the dci whats next?!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
LOL as title ive got a 1.9 DCi laguna intercooler for the dci god knows if it will even fit without serious modification lol

so whats next, assuming injectors, possibly uprated clutch, and a map.

its a dci65, how much boost does the standard turbo run, what can it take, what are the injectors rated to? what about 80 and 100 injectors? or 1.9dci ones? do they fit?

i dont want to hear the word gearbox in this thread! lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
is your diesel remapped?

FMIC FTW:

110407110303.gif

110407110245.gif

Megane dci 130
Re: got a f**k off front mount for the dci whats next?!!

1.9 injectors are different and wont fit. The gearbox wont take much more power though. :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

lol 20mph per 1000rpm in top on a 1*2 box.

that suits me perfectly for motorway driving :)

gearbox isnt an issue for me, my 172 box is taking 200bhp/150lbft and thats hard driving, dci hardly gets abused just want the power when i need it!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i bought this to run about in while i finished my 172 "project" now im spending more on this than the 172!! lol

got greenstuff pads, standard disks and new fluid for it now lol

They will only run like 0.5bar or something small like that. I would of thought adding a huge FMIC will just add lag, so you would need to turn it up anyway to compensate for that. Happened on the punto anyway, fook knows about the D :)

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
i've read somwhere they run in the region of 15ish psi, which can be easily upped with a map. provided it's in good working order and kept within limits it could run huge power. gearbox will take the power it'll just spin the wheels lol. just dont get track tires.

A well built VW
Injectors are ££££££££££ and need programmed too more ££££ - remap , panel filter and Ic i think is what macester is running and you have seen hs graph from RS tuning

Look forward to seeing how you make it all join together, had heard exhaust pipe is good for the pipes - bring on the torque !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Yep injectors are the limiting factor.

The general word is that you can get 130bhp from a DCI engine with dci80/100 injectors, a good intercooler and a remap.

That's where the injectors don't go further, and I don't think anyone had put bigger ones in so far.

Would be very interesting to see, they move pretty well with 100bhp as it is.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
For arguements sake, a dci 80 with next biggest available injectors, panel filter, Intercooler and decent turbo-back exhaust + remap to suit. Possible for around 200bhp and about 250ft/lbs?

This could get interesting. 25-30mpg track-tor ****... ;) with 0-60 of about 6-7 seconds lol.

Opinions?

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec

I reckon 150 would be the max unless you started messing about more

My question was aimed more to the likes of Boosh, if 130ish is available on standard injectors...

Putting next avail size up would be messing about more, that was the idea of my post, talking it out. I've little experience with injectors (flow rates, sizes etc) which is why i ask.

Anyone else think to my previous post?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

It would be nice to see it done, but you'd probably need an aftermarket ECU along with bespoke tuning (it's never been done before) making it a bit of a pointless exercise. 130hp in a dci would certainly move, but I'd question the reliability.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
not many aftermarket ecu's out their for diesels, infact i think motec did some testing with one, they need very powerful drivers to feed the injectors which makes them very costly!

CB600FS

Has anyone ever found a company that sells bigger injectors yet?

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4RT
Its not like your getting massive b00st y0 from fitting a fmic, youll get a very slight increase of power from the cooler temperatures upon compression, but without a map its pretty pointless.

Youll get more gains from putting duct tape over the splits in the bodywork to improve aerodynamics. In the end you have a FMIC on a diesel with no remap.

Clio 172 mk2

they run 1.1 bar standard . turbos can make 16psi but dunno howlong it will last .

I was going to mention that as well, I think the turbo will be another limiting factor, especially if your planning to run a large IC like that one

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Its not like your getting massive b00st y0 from fitting a fmic, youll get a very slight increase of power from the cooler temperatures upon compression, but without a map its pretty pointless.

Youll get more gains from putting duct tape over the splits in the bodywork to improve aerodynamics. In the end you have a FMIC on a diesel with no remap.

how about you read the first post in my thread before you start making stupid smart arse remarks

Astra van,Mk1 nova

loving the sound of the dci project martin! cant wait to see the outcome, good to see something a bit diff :cool: might have to get a dci for the wife ;)