ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf GTI + BBS = Good times.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think it looks really good tbh.

Strange how peoples views change. When i was young all the cars with bodykits were cool.

Now if you change your alloys every c**t gets their pitchforks out!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't understand the hate. The car looks alright to me but as gally said - when I think bbs I think rs, lm style jobbies.

Great photographs. The car looks a lot better in the recent pictures. Still ruined in my opinion, but there you go.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Great height, but they are awful. There look like Wolfrace Warrier Shadow Chromes.

Wolfrace Triads were reps of these. If that helps you! LOL

Great photographs. The car looks a lot better in the recent pictures. Still ruined in my opinion, but there you go.

Cheers! I'm very happy with it, guess thats the main thing?

Also LOL at 7 pages for a slightly lowered car on some Wheels.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Ha. This thread makes me laugh. I have to admit, when I see your name next to the original post I was ready to dislike it. Truth be told that's because I instantly think "c#nt" after seeing your London video with your prick of a mate giving people abuse. You might be a nice guy, I don't know you personally but that's a different story.
Looking at the car though, apart from having next to zero bump travel its not at all that bad. After seeing some of the s**t that turns up to ClioSport meets which people tend to love it makes it all the more laughable for me.
I do like the way people say it puts the handling to pot too after lowering. It does if your a mooron and dont set it up properly to be fair but that's no different if you run standard height. My brother is in to the VW thing and has a very tidy lupo to which he has spent a lot of time fiddling with the ride height. It runs coilovers and 15" O.Z turbo split rims when in "show mode". With that particular wheel/tyre combo he can't throw it about but once its back on OEM wheels and good tyres its as good as my 172. If it had another 50hp it would probably show me a clean pair of heels.

thread title should read Golf GTI + BBS - cliosport = fail

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ha. This thread makes me laugh. I have to admit, when I see your name next to the original post I was ready to dislike it. Truth be told that's because I instantly think "c#nt" after seeing your London video with your prick of a mate giving people abuse. You might be a nice guy, I don't know you personally but that's a different story.
Looking at the car though, apart from having next to zero bump travel its not at all that bad. After seeing some of the s**t that turns up to ClioSport meets which people tend to love it makes it all the more laughable for me.
I do like the way people say it puts the handling to pot too after lowering. It does if your a mooron and dont set it up properly to be fair but that's no different if you run standard height. My brother is in to the VW thing and has a very tidy lupo to which he has spent a lot of time fiddling with the ride height. It runs coilovers and 15" O.Z turbo split rims when in "show mode". With that particular wheel/tyre combo he can't throw it about but once its back on OEM wheels and good tyres its as good as my 172. If it had another 50hp it would probably show me a clean pair of heels.

thread title should read Golf GTI + BBS - cliosport = fail

Well you know, I'm sorry I disappoint you with the lack of c*ntishness in this thread. Either way, I think I've got the setup just right now. Handles very well, almost zero body roll.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
No problem, just try harder in future please. Lol No offence meant by my post either by the way. Bit of advise for you though, put a "pop and bang" remap on it. 90% of the forum will instantly give you the thumbs up from that point on.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No problem, just try harder in future please. Lol No offence meant by my post either by the way. Bit of advise for you though, put a "pop and bang" remap on it. 90% of the forum will instantly give you the thumbs up from that point on.

I thought if I completely stripped it, put cheapo buckets in it and iffy harnesses, then ran it as a daily? Also making sure to make it way too low on some type of Speedline wheel.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The irony being that most Clios lowered on Speedlines actually look good.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Says who? Its all opinion isn't it? I like clios on speedlines dont get me wrong but its not to say that everyone who doesnt own a clio think so. Same can easily be said for other makes and models.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Says who? Its all opinion isn't it? I like clios on speedlines dont get me wrong but its not to say that everyone who doesnt own a clio think so. Same can easily be said for other makes and models.
In exactly the same way it is an opinion of some people that they don't like this car?