ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to look at this On Thursday!

Black Gold with cup packs
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/435101.htm
I am 90% going to be buying it as well!
I know I was going to keep the cup BUT, as I have said before I need a bigger car due to my baby on the way! I paid £13595 for the car in January with recaros, aircon, Glacier white ID and Black speedline alloy wheels and have been offered £13000 today, I will be very sad to see the car go :(, it truley is a marvel. Anyone fancy this MINT 197cup at that price give me a shout and its all yours!

wow looks awesome, very cheap but just about to go out of warranty :( I would still buy it though if i were you!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Shame to see the Cup go but a Great Offer and a Good Looking Car to replace it :D

Yep very happy with the offer. My insurance does go up by £100 :( never mind, chaeper fuel costs :)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Great choice. I do love the look of the original F1's

Be prepared for the fuel bills though. (Whats the Cup like on mpg though?!?!)

CS Dungeon
I dont understand people having a baby and then needing a bigger car, how big do you think this baby is going to be?
My mum had 3 kids and we never had any problem with her 2 door F-Reg ERST for 4 years

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wow F1's are that cheap now! I may be tempted in the future.

I dont understand people having a baby and then needing a bigger car, how big do you think this baby is going to be?
My mum had 3 kids and we never had any problem with her 2 door F-Reg ERST for 4 years

Same here.

197 is as big as say an old shape megane/astra anyway.

Wow F1's are that cheap now! I may be tempted in the future.

Same here.

197 is as big as say an old shape megane/astra anyway.

This is a good £1500 cheaper than any other I have seen, Usually hitting £13k all day.
Look this isn't my doing, the misses has nagged and nagged me to get a bigger car, and she loves the megane, bonus!
And there is a downfall to the 197cup passenger seat! You cannot put a baby seat in it. I don't know why!

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
i get a constant 30mpg out of my r26, but about half my driving is in a 50mph limit, so tickle it along in 6th. never had it below 28mpg on a full tank.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Well I use to get 27mpg out of the 172 being stuck in traffic everyday, now I get 21-22mpg out of the Megane.

Is that stuck in traffic dan? or is that screwing the tits off it?

Nope just traffic. Getting 27ish out of it this week as the kids are off school and traffic is clear.

Best I have seen is 33mpg sat at 70mph on the motorway.

Drivng hard your in the teens.

I love the blue Recaro's in them also.

It's next service (3rd) will need the spark plugs doing also, about £400 at the dealers.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
what about the isofix point in the back? the new clio should be more than ample until the kid is 3 or 4, but the megane isnt actually as big as you think it is. my GF brother has a megane, and he says inthe back it wanst much bigger than the 206 they had for the first 2 years of theirkids life lol., at least the boot on these is pretty big.

ahh well atleast you havent gone the route of oh no i have a kid better get a toyota land cuiser or a ford galaxy or pointer dart.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
go for it. looks a peach. and its better than your mrs having your nuts in a glass cabinet...

Cheers, going to bite the bullet I think before she changes her mind. £2k in the arse pocket as well.

No problem running it, slightly more expensive on insurance (£67)
Fuel cost will be cheaper, Tax is currently the same as the cup but I read it's going up to £300. I am not sure about service costs (someone enlighten me) Tyres (I pay £100 a tyre already so a £10ner here or there isn't going to make a difference)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Servicing is same really, like I said your need your spark plugs at the 3rd service, but no Aux belt I believe.

Camskill have good 235/40R18's for around £100, so not that much different really.

Tax will probably be £300 next year as it seems to be the later Megs that are 199Co2 and in the lower band. Only £40 more than a 1*2 will be.

Trust me, you need a bigger car than a Megane and at least with rear passenger doors! Trying to get a rear facing car seat plus baby in a 3 door hatch is gonna do your back in trying to get it in the back, especially as the child gets bigger!! Plus I guarentee there will be stains, be it food, sick and anything the kid steps to spoil the interior. If you have more kids!! you wont have enough space for all the kids clobber when go round visiting family and friends etc!!

I'd keep the clio and get a cheap MPV. Thats what I did, CMax for kids, Clio Trophy for the bigger kid!!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Thats a good point, you won't be able to get to IOSFIXings in the front of the F1 either because of the Recaro's.

Thats why my brother-in-law got rid if their 182 when my sister had her baby, as it had the Recaro's.

It isn't no good when your mrs is driving on her own with a new born in the back on the car.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
sounds like its the best of both worlds mate.

misses happy and you get a car you like that isnt any slower/ sportier than you already have.

My mate was ordered to sell his m3 which he loves and now has a C4 and a meriva lol

so it could be much worse

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Personally I'd keep the cup. Not too keen on the colour of the F1 tbh.

Seconded, it looks awful with those stickers (just IMHO of course, it's not my car so it doesn't really matter heh) and that colour.

Will the Recaro fronts in the Megane allow a baby seat?

What happened with been Janspeeds demo on the Cup dude?

Dan

Not keen on the megane at all good price though
Theres getting quite common saw quite a few around specially yellow and black

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Trust me, you need a bigger car than a Megane and at least with rear passenger doors! Trying to get a rear facing car seat plus baby in a 3 door hatch is gonna do your back in trying to get it in the back, especially as the child gets bigger!! Plus I guarentee there will be stains, be it food, sick and anything the kid steps to spoil the interior. If you have more kids!! you wont have enough space for all the kids clobber when go round visiting family and friends etc!!

I'd keep the clio and get a cheap MPV. Thats what I did, CMax for kids, Clio Trophy for the bigger kid!!

This was mentioned last month.

Some of us have been there & done that;)

The children have yet to learn.

ph1 172...a red one

This was mentioned last month.

Some of us have been there & done that;)

The children have yet to learn.

Snap! Would never consider another 3door hatch with kids...unless it came with a back support and physio...nightmare!!