ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox wont fit:-(

valver engined r5.
i brough a rsi box out of desperation for my mk1 valver and have trying ti fit it and after bolting it in at the top the bottom bolts wont line up and cant seem to fit.

is there a way a round it or am i gonna have to wait a while longer until i get a valver box.

valver engined r5.
i managed to get it and workin but ive been told u can buy a plate that goes in place of where the bottom bolts should b bolted to and u can fix them on to that, if so any1 know where to get 1 from and any1 got a couple of descent valver boxs.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
If your valver has a steel oilpan it should fit, if it has a aluminium oilpan it wouldn´t fit easy.

The RSi gear-box has also longer gear ratios than the valver gear-box.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
i thought the rsi had a short ratio box.

Why the rsi should have? max power and torque are at lower revs, better aero-dynamics, he don´t need that high revolution level....

JB3-048 (16V)

1. 3.09
2. 1.84
3. 1.32
4. 0.97
5. 0.79
gear 4.21

JB3-078 (RSi)

1. 3.09
2. 1.86
3. 1.32
4. 0.97