ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear lever light.

Clio 182
When cold EML comes on for a second, after about two minutes, and so does the light below, which looks like a gear lever, what does this light mean? The engine fluffs for a second then is ok, any ideas?,
thanks Terry.
Car is a 05 182.

Ph2 Flamer
search is your friend http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?422117-green-gearstick-light if it's the green light which looks like a gear knob it's the light to tell you to change up before you hit the rev limitter. From your description you're not revving the nuts off the engine so it sounds like an electrical issue.

From reading about on here the french electrics aren't always great and can light up when something else other than what they show is wrong. I'm sure someone who knows what they're on about will be along to help shortly, but i'd be plugging it into a fault reader myself or taking it to a good mechanic. I think Mick on here is a whizz with electrics and is in Notts which isn't a million miles away from you... www.diamondmotors.net