ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI 182 Mapping testing

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
its at the total limit of the lifters too.... we killed a set testing this...

we limit lower than this on conversions

remember speaking to fellow member about his remapped 182 125 in 4th , anyway that sounds awesome too

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
not std internals at all.. LOL

its my car, I will test what I want on it.... its so we can be more informed as to the limits of the components... what does where etc.

not std internals at all.. LOL

its my car, I will test what I want on it.... its so we can be more informed as to the limits of the components... what does where etc.

Fair enough.

What were your findings? Wheres peak power on your engine and how much does the power tail off at these revs? Whats the engine spec etc. etc. etc.

A bit more information would be nice.

Lionel Richie
come on Andy, John told me so much about your car in Belguim, but he's not exactly technical!

shove it on a pm if you don't want it public

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
oh you know, guess it all, forgot to write it down.... got lost at home in the washing etc

16v
Not that impressive sorry, IMO whats the point off reving the hell of your engine when your power/torque would have all gone by 5500-6500 rpm unless its on track and even then raisin the rpm to 7000-7500 should be more than enough!? I would love to see the graph print out for this....

something like that! we were all under the influence so the entire conversation was a bit slurred!

yeah, I don't make a lot of sense at the best of times, so asking me questions when I'm mullered wont provide much! lol

come on Andy, John told me so much about your car in Belguim, but he's not exactly technical!

shove it on a pm if you don't want it public

Whats the big secret!

Get a proper spec up and some pics.

I agree, get specs up so the haters can clutch at straws looking for holes to pick ;)

Not that impressive sorry, IMO whats the point off reving the hell of your engine when your power/torque would have all gone by 5500-6500 rpm unless its on track and even then raisin the rpm to 7000-7500 should be more than enough!? I would love to see the graph print out for this....

ooh, right on cue :clown:

not knowing the engine spec could end up being one of those egg on face moments really... who says the torque has all gone by 6500rpm?

Keep up the good work Andy :approve:

16v
not knowing the engine spec could end up being one of those egg on face moments really... who says the torque has all gone by 6500rpm?

Keep up the good work Andy :approve:[/quote]

Thats why I said I would like to see the graph oh knowledgeable one!

As for the egg on my face im not that bothered because at the end of the day the only thing the video show is that it revs to 8300rpm, where is the graph because imo looks like the revs slow quite lot after 6500rpm...

TheJesus said:

Keep up the good work Andy :approve:

Thats why I said I would like to see the graph oh knowledgeable one!

As for the egg on my face im not that bothered because at the end of the day the only thing the video show is that it revs to 8300rpm, where is the graph because imo looks like the revs slow quite lot after 6500rpm...

Then why comment saying the power will all be gone by 'x' rpm then? aah who cares, it's not like many people on here actually know what they want or what works on these cars anyway, too much listening to slant eyed imports tends to warp ones sense of reality.

S2 106 GTI
isn't the spec in a past performance french car mag?? with another two car's, a 172 with ITB's and a racing blue 182??

might have had more work by then though ;) looks very impressive!!!!:race: