ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gazwolds Track 172 Cup

172 Cup plus more
Cheers for the comments guys, I have just bought a new demel so the car is going on another diet tomo lol, I will up date the weight loss tomo

172 Cup plus more
No engine mods at the min Jimbo except air filter, detcat, as my girlfriend wants to start driving it on trackdays as well so I prefer her to learn the car as it is first and I am still running my TT.

172 Cup plus more
A few recent pics from Nurburgring

e8aguhav.jpg

7a8amu5e.jpg

ranegeby.jpg

eze9uty9.jpg

ypa2uru9.jpg

a6e7y9yd.jpg

u2e2eta7.jpg

numajuda.jpg

egyrunag.jpg

9ezateny.jpg

uvyjeza5.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Also during the ring trip I was suffering with high oil temp so a mogul cooler is now fitted, and noisy steering rack so got updated steering oil from ore a Motorsport so will see how it is in 2 weeks at Spa Francochamp

172 Cup plus more
Looks lovely mate - jealous as hell of you doing spa! It's one I've always wanted to do

Are you still from around Lincoln?

No mate haven't been in Lincoln for a long time, I now live between France and Holland when I'm not working

172 Cup plus more
Cracking pics mate, love the first one.

What date are you going to Spa? im there on the 9th and 10th in the Clio

I'm on the 10th mate and my GDF is getting lessons also but I will be arriving on the Monday night as my friend has both days

172 Cup plus more
Here are some pics from Spa last week some of me driving and some of the girlfriend having her first ever drive on a track.

The car was very good but I have decided during the winter to have the gearbox off, fit a LSD, new clutch and quite a big list of other things, I will update as they happen.

Anyway here are the pics

ga4u2yja.jpg

gurazy3e.jpg

yruha3u7.jpg

gy5yquqa.jpg

yduqeje2.jpg

a5ujyvy7.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Lol yeah fair do to her and I was surprised at her speed on her first ever lap.

What's good now is the fact she is interested now so I get more green lights for parts lol

172 Cup plus more
Just a quick update ( no pics at the min sorry as I am in Holland and the car in the UK)

My friend has the car in his garage (Elite AutoWorks) and over the next few months its getting the following parts fitted hopefull all done before Spa in March.

Wilwood Brakes with brackets etc made by Radical Motorsport as my friend works alot with them
Quaife Diff
Full Gearbox rebuild
New clutch
Lightweight flywheel (may aswell while box and clutch is off)
New steering Rack as mine is dead
Whiteline arb
Geometry set up
Corner weighted
Decat refitted
Headlight Blanks
Plexi windows
Fire system
Aircon removed
and if I still have time more weight lose where possible

Hopefully I can get all this done as soon as possible then get it back to my house in france for a few weeks of tinkering.

Gaz

172 Cup plus more
Been there since October mate but he is only just starting it as he is doing the work between other jobs, and the diff is now on back order grrrr

172 Cup plus more
Not yet, I will prob only do 1 day at Spa and maybe 1 day at DN7 to keep costs down. im not earning the big bucks any more lol

Ok mate, I look forward to seeing you there, I'm not going to do Nurburgring in April but hope they will do one later in the year.

172 Cup plus more
Not a huge update as I haven't see the since October but the garage sent me a couple of pics today, so far the white line arb is now on, gear box is in pieces for the rebuild and quaife LSD and the wilwoods are now fitted.

I will be collecting at the end of the month and getting it home for lots of parts to be fitted so look out for updates through march.

Gaz

Headlight blanks made up

8u8ejyzy.jpg

Gearbox rebuild and diff process

3ajaze9e.jpg

4ejahude.jpg

nena6yva.jpg

Brakes fitted looks tight hahaha

nygubytu.jpg

172 Cup plus more
Hi Rob

Sorry mate the previous owner fitted them, they are from a real cup racer, I did see some on eBay a few weeks ago but not sure how much they went for.

Gaz