ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming PC

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Hi All,
My brother is wanting a new gaming PC for Christmas.
His current computer is just capable of playing Minecraft and watching Youtube but I think he'd like to play some more graphically intensive games.

What could he get for a budget of ~£500?
All he would need is the tower as he already has a mouse, keyboard, monitor etc...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The problem that you will have (although technically still possible on a budget) - is your comment of "....more graphically intensive games." Take the good all-rounder card of the minute - the GTX 970. That will consume half of that cash immediately as they sell in-and-around the £250 mark.

If your brother could add another £200-£250 into that budget - the options then start to open up. Personally, I would do without a PC if I couldn't afford one that will do me justice. Part of the reason I'm not upgrading my system until at least after the wedding next year!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
970 is a great card so long as you're not pushing the limits of the VRAM. I'm currently running 2 of them but obviously have to be careful with VRAM limits still.