ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FYI - I have a TVR.....again

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The dry sump scavenger pump blew the outlet line off and emptied all 8 litres of oil in about 5 seconds all over the engine bay.

It hasn't done any lasting damage though luckily. Turning it off and soon as the oil pressure warning came up saved it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
When it happened I got all excited about the insurance money if it fired.

Alas it did not.

Initial testing looks good, it runs fine and doesn't leak much...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Nope its my bothers wedding.

Plus I'm not sure it'd get that far...

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Cool car i love the noise of TVRs! Always dreamt of owning a Cerbera, something ill never do as i like to live.

Trying to imagine what 8 litres of oil in 5 seconds looks like lol!

Imagine pumping Jennifer Aniston for 5 seconds and your on the right path...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just ordered:

Full service kit (Oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, secondary oil filter, oil run gaskets, spark plugs, gearbox oil and diff oil)
New exhaust mounts
New exhaust hangers
New exhaust clamps

It better like this love its getting. As none of that was cheap.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I had the first one 11 months and did 9k miles.

I've had this 4.5 months and I've done 2.5k in it I think.

BMW 330d :)
I'd just watch for it burning oil now... The sump plug fell out of my 172 cup when the Renault garage didnt tighten it up.. Think it fried the piston rings at the top with the lack of oil pressure.. Turned it off straight away but it started burning a fair bit of oil and I eventually needed a new engine.

Do they not normally say that by the time the oil pressure light comes on its too late?

Hope its ok anyway mate..