ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full engine mount kits, Ph2 172

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi there.

Just wonderinf if there is anywhere that sells a full kit which includes all engine mounts?

thanks.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye I did see that K-tec done them. Is there much point getting standard ones or are the uprated ones the best option?

Golf GTD Mk7
I wouldn't go for uprated ones to be honest. Just renew the standard ones. You need to have some flex in the engine unless it's a dedicated track car.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Are they really worth it though on a mainly standard road car? As they're close to £200 for the gearbox and top engine mount

That was only a semi-serious reply in all fairness since I don't have the uprated ones fitted on my car..

I bought all new engine mounts a couple of months back, fitted them. Amazing difference. But 2 months on and I can already feel them not being nearly as tight as they were when they were fresh. At some point these next few months I'll be binning these for solids.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Money is a bit tight at the moment as I've got a few other bits to buy so it will be standard ones for now, if they go again soon then ill get the uprated ones!

Thanks for the information, I've mailed maynard but not got a reply yet? :(

Trafic 140dci
Money is a bit tight at the moment as I've got a few other bits to buy so it will be standard ones for now, if they go again soon then ill get the uprated ones!

Thanks for the information, I've mailed maynard but not got a reply yet? :(
I'll have some standard ones for sale in a couple of weeks in good condition if you can wait? and a powerflexed dog bone mount. PM me if so :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
My main engine mount is completely seperated so I'm buying one tomorrow mate, ill probs just pick the rest up next weekend sometime.

Cheers though!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Jonny can you drop me a pm if you get a price back from Maynard ? Cheers.

I found the vibration from the ktecs a pain on a daily driver but would definately have them on a track comp car.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Sorry about the PM's lads, haven't been on here much recently - work is hectic! - and I can't get on here during work hours.

As Gray says:

Drop an e-mail to: ebay@gsfcarparts.com

with 'FAO Elliot Maynard' as the subject line and I'll get right back to you!