ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel filter

172 cup
I have a 172 cup, What i can read up this has the fuel filter in the tank.

Is this right ?
How much are they ?

Also 150k service item is this correct?

Can anyone help

Lionel Richie
in simple terms, leave it alone, the pump will break before the filter needs touching (they normally last 8-10years)

Seat Ibiza
Is it a lengthy job? I was going to take mine in for a service, oil and fuel, leave the fuel?
Is it on the pick up or something?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Oh no, its right - Its a mesh type filter that dangles from the pump pick-up but as Fred said above do not touch it as it will break. Besides, its only there to stop big stuff getting sucked up and fuel quality today is so much better than it was in the 80's.

172 cup
Do any of you guys have a picture of it? Just so I can get an idea of how this lasts. I am not knocking anything you guys are saying so don't take this the wrong way. But I would always service the fuel filter ever 2 years if it a petrol car and this motor being 9 years old I feel it should be done.

Lionel Richie
you cant replace just the filter, you need to replace the entire sender unit which = £300 from memory

172 cup
Don't want to change it but interested to see the setup and to know if they are the same or do walbro change it.

172 cup
If you read it says I don't want to change it. I want to see if it's the same setup. Thanks for great reply