ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FRS #0360

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Well the clio went about a month ago and I swiftly picked this up:

8755351724_b57c0c780c.jpg

RS Fords 1 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

8759027230_c2c6cfebbc.jpg

RS Fords 23 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

8759047656_3de45716ae.jpg

RS Fords 9 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

8760042044_2b333a7aaf.jpg

NFS Market St 12 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

Running Stage 2 so its got:

Airtec Intercooler
AE/Bluefin Remap
Decat Mongoose System

Plans are:
Tubular Manifold
Live Map (should see about 340bhp'ish)

​Absolutely love it!

Love that.

​Still have my eye on one as my next car. Could you give a comparison between this and your clio?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
One of the best looking hot hatches ever made, IMO.

Only thing I don't like is the standard interior. Looks like that's been sorted though :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome machine but the wheels let it down and the pictures I don't like, don't really show the car off.

Maybe it's just because it's at night.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Love it, still keep my eye on these as I have been close a few times on buying one!

Z4
I've considered one a few times! My mate has just bought himself his 2nd one.

Looks lovely, although I think silver wheels look better. Also, I had the rear lights on these! Get the us spec ones, so much nicer

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks lovely, have a soft spot for these. I can't help but thing standard coloured wheels would look much better though IMO

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
You should! Massively big time!

If I pass my diploma which I'm studying just now I either will have a company car or a car allowance so will be some diesel and I might mot the track cup for road as well not sure. So probably won't get one now

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
I've no idea how to multi-quote on here....

Gally, the photos were taken handheld at about 1600ISO so not the best. Here are some more after some fresh butter wax:

8972364723_2168fa09e9_z.jpg

Classic Ford Show 2 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

8973554852_fe5886280a_z.jpg

Classic Ford Show 3 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

8973552394_0c944c121e_z.jpg

Classic Ford Show 4 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

8973546902_e3f2d49464_z.jpg

Classic Ford Show 6 by CJGREEN., on Flickr

For those wanting to know a comparison, heres a quick run down...

First off, there really are no comparisons, so's to speak, this car is beyond epic.

Fuel - If I drive it sensible, it uses the same fuel as my clio did whilst I drove that pretty quick everywhere. Just did 530+ miles over weekend and used £100 in fuel.

Handling - Outstanding. It has standard sachs dampers and springs. Geo hunters setup and even with crap tyres on it, it still pulls like a train and handles awesome. The standard diff that it has is also awesome. Just puts the power down so well.

Comfort - Loads better than the clio for general running about etc, although my clio was on gaz coilovers as low as it would drive.

Even with 280+ BHP its very manageable to drive normal, if you're off boost it doesn't even feel fast (obviously).

Can't think of anything else, any questions though please ask!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Much better mate. those wheels are screaming out to be Silver though! Actually crying out!

I agree on the fuel 30mpg+ off boost driving sensible, on boost you can see the gauge move.

Golf 7R
Looks superb that. It's always been that car itch I've wanted to scratch. Maybe one day.

Still to this day the fastest car I've ever seen when I was in my old 172 Cup. Must have been some serious horsepower as mine wasn't shy.

Enjoy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They are a very nice buy and it's the kind of car you could own for 3 months and sell on if it wasn't for you and not lose any money at all. Might even make some if you know what you're doing.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Tailpipe is huuuge. One of these drove past me the other day while I was crossing the road, they look proper meaty/aggressive in the flesh, great purchase.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Gally - I actually prefer the colour of the wheels especially with the darker indicators, etc... They wont be on for long anyway. Getting swapped off for some 18x9s hopefully.

SJ2112 - Nope bought privately from Ripon. It was advertised on PH, eBay, Autotrader etc. Only had it about a month.

Keyer - If you're after one, the buyers guide on RSOC tells everyone to buy on conditon, not age or mileage. I paid a very fair price for mine considering the amount of work, parts, mods it has.

Jackle - Tailpipe is huge aye, ideally I want to change it as some point. It does sound amazing though. I've stood outside whilst my mate has driven it past me and sounds more like the 2.5 engine note.

Last edited:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Look great these, such a good colour and have plenty of road presence. Enjoy it

If you click on the little + quote icon at right hand side of reply with quote. It ticks it, do this for which ever quotes you want and then on the last one click reply with quote like normal and it'll stick them all in reply box mate

Focus RS + S3
looks a cracker mate :)
im starting to get used of the standard power so looking to mod mine soon

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Look great these, such a good colour and have plenty of road presence. Enjoy it

If you click on the little + quote icon at right hand side of reply with quote. It ticks it, do this for which ever quotes you want and then on the last one click reply with quote like normal and it'll stick them all in reply box mate

Awesome cheers dude :)

looks a cracker mate :)
im starting to get used of the standard power so looking to mod mine soon

They take mods very well. Standard engine can handle over 400+ :D

That's stunning fair play :) enjoy mate.

​Thanks Ash. I love it, maybe too much?