ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front subframe for 172: what difference between RS, non RS, LHD and RHD

Megane RS 250
My front subframe has always been a bit of a problem, the previous owner crashed the car and never fixed it properly.
I'm looking for a new (or used but in good condition) front subframe. From Renault it's just too expensive.
I wondering if I can fit one from a different, non RS version, or if I can buy one from a UK RS (I live in Italy so my car is LHD).
Thanks in advance for any answer.

Megane RS 250
Thanks! I'll try to find one in the uk..I see you live in Germany, do you think there is someone that can provide one, like a big scrapeyard with a website?
Would it be difficult to make the gearbox mount hole on a non sport subframe, does it have any reinforcement?

What's the difference with the renaultsport one (for the rally version)?

172/1.2/E30
Getting RS spares is pretty difficult here, as the car is quite rare (the reason i drive a RHD model). The Renault Sport one could have different dogbone mounting points, as the cup racer ran a different setup iirc.
Personally i wouldn't drill a non sport subframe. Do it once, do it proper.

Megane RS 250
I'm struggling to find the old RS parts catalogue (the one that worked only with explorer 6.0), maybe I have the bookmark somewhere. I'll try to order from the through our French distributor...
If I can't...there's the dealer "normal" way.