ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found the RR graph but is it right?

Clio 172 Cup
So i was going through all the documents my gf accumulated over the years and found the print out from when we had it on a dyno.
After looking at others in this site of awesome im starting to wonder if the lil pocket rockets not quite right?

Heres the graph...figures are at the wheel it seems and done in 4th gear with super unleaded.
425644_3192760945566_1462190200_33144186_1653363391_n.jpg

No on the road it goes like a stabbed rat gaffa taped to a cruise missile.
Mods are from what i can see and have recipets for:
s/steel induction filter
Decat
Exhaust system - like a stealth system but i designed it so its not so stealth.
8mm coil leads
possibly been cammed, as ive driven a couple of other 172c's and they didnt feel anything lke this when giving it the full flat foot treatment.

So yea, what do you make of that?
Also im going to do the decent thing as i dont think its been mapped so....rstuner time for the pops n bangs, maybe a little launch control to.:p

If it's been cammed you should expect more than that, but generally as standard they make 150-170bhp roughly so that could be about right.

Generally induction/exhausts do sweet f all, only way you'll be able to tell is by getting it on another RR!

Clio 172 Cup
and is that large dip just after 3k normal for bumping up the mpg figures on the stock map or do i have a power eating monster i need to evict?

Evo 5 RS
the dip at midrange isn't very pretty, it also drops off way too early (especially if it's been cammed). Timing checked?

Clio 172 Cup
Yea im not expecting a million more torques but it does need smoothing out. Full oils n plugs along with an rst should do wonders.

Clio 172 Cup
Hmm didn't think to look at were the limiter stops the fun. Is 6600rpm the not so normal then? Cam belt was done 3 years ago and inly done 10k since.

182cup & 172 racecar
If your in Solihull, I would whip it around to Fred at BTM, and get him to check the timing before you do anything else.

As said previously, take it round for Fred to check the timing, if its fine its one thing you can cross off your list...

My old 182 made 162bph standard, but had a dodgy lambda...

154bph isnt far away from what a standard 172 should/does make but as yours is "modded" it does seem like something maybe isnt quite right...

Clio 172 Cup
As said previously, take it round for Fred to check the timing, if its fine its one thing you can cross off your list...

My old 182 made 162bph standard, but had a dodgy lambda...

154bph isnt far away from what a standard 172 should/does make but as yours is "modded" it does seem like something maybe isnt quite right...

Dropped them an email about the timing and a remap :) going to order the service bits tonight, anyone reccomend a good oil? royal purple or something like that? cars done 64k.

HBT 172 Cup
If thats genuinely ATW's then you are making 185BHp ATF apporx.

Although you peak at 145Ft lbs and i peak at 130ft lb (ATW graphs), so something is amiss..

(i made 154ATW and 186ATF at SRR)

SRRATW.jpg

Looking at all these graphs make me think there's quite abit of improvement 2be made on how smooth my powee is.. Mines like bloody mountains up and down like a hookers knickers... Will post graph tonight

Clio 172 Cup
Lol yea. I goggled btm. Will have them check it out soon. Must be lean as I just did 200 miles and averaged 50.1mpg! Who needs a shonkey prius huh.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Looks a perfectly normal wheels power graph, with the rpm scale wrong. I don't think there's a single thing wrong with that car

Clio 172 Cup
evening folks. just have the fun task of moving house. yeay. anyhows, ive driving a couple of cup 172s just like mine maybe not identical but close with mods similar.
Having looked at the graph the scalings out and i think its squashed the power curve?
Anyhows, i found my obdII reader and with a bit of laptop logging the car seems fine, im not happy with that lol.
RS tuner time, the missis would be proud.

Clio 172 Cup
Well it checks out, the scaling on the grapth is wrong. result. sadly i spun the clio on a corner after hitting a patch of diesel and belted a kerb.
thankfully is only shattered the splitter into several bits, scuffed the offside alloys and killed a bearing. going to start my own little build thread as im hurling a few quid at it now and L tripple 2 needs its own internet imortality.