ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling to the right side on braking... ABS feedback waaay too hard!!!

Clio 2 ph.2 - 172
Hi fellows,

This being my very first post I would like to say hello to everyone, I'm from Mexico so driver & passenger sides will be switched depending from where you are answering from, thus I will keep on left / right thing.

A little history about my CRS just about 95000Km, stock wheels & tire sizes, correct inflation pressure for all four wheels with even wear on them, shock absorbers in good condition, suspension rubbers and joints checked and O.K., new pads Ferodo OEM ones, not new but runout checked discs (O.K.).

I think I have spent many hours reading the existing threads and even when some of them talk about car pulling to either side, I found none of them with the heavy pulsation and deficient braking I am experiencing in my ride.

The symptoms:
- Under braking the car pulls to the right.
- The first wheel to lock up under heavy braking is the FR side one, thus the car pulls to the right, can even change a lane if I do not touch the steering wheel.
- The ABS triggers a little bit faster than it should due to that wheel locking prematurely.
- Under that heavy braking and just when the ABS triggers I feel a hell bad pulsation in the pedal -and overall in the chassis too-, **but not the normal ABS pulsation**, a heavy, really bad pulsation and like a grinding noise coming from the FR wheel -the one that locks first-.
- Immediately the braking power is reduced considerably making difficult to stop the car.

So trying to confirm the problem was not my ABS module I disconnected the FL side wheel ABS sensor to deactivate the module, but still let me with the EBD, and surprise! the problem is the same, FR wheel locking first, car pulling to the same side, but as my theory was, I confirmed that bad pulsation coming from ABS working disappeared :boring:, so I think problem is not ABS per-se (even when still the EBD could be doing something wrong).

Theory starting with the cheapest thing and up to the pocket emptier ones:

- Sliding cylinders / mounting rubbers could be either seized or damaged, best case, cleaning, lubricating or replacing the caliper spare parts.
- Air in the system, I must be sincere, I have not bleed the system, I would like to bleed fully -including that ABS module routine mentioned in the service manual-.
- Damaged lines, replace.
- Damaged caliper, replace.
- Damaged ABS module?, replace :S :(

**Now I have permanently disconnected the ABS sensor due to some rain and the deficient braking thing getting worse than in dry pavement, I rather a locking wheel than a non braking car -of course not happy with neither of those-.

I still love the car, but I don't want to die on it so far.

ANY HELP / PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!