ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found my oil leak - advice needed

Clio 172 Mk2
Hey guys

After cleaning off where all the oil had run on the bottom of the engine and going for a short drive i've finally found out where my oil leak is coming from. I'm assuming the bit at the bottom of the engine with the plug in it is the sump?? Well the oil is leaking from 2 of the bolts that hold this on. Does this mean i need a new sump gasket or do the bolts just need re-sealing?

Here is a piccy of the oil that re-appears around the bolt

IMG_0109.jpg

thanks in advance

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I have an oil leak from my sump and it's coming from where the tank meets the engine, so mines definately the sump gasket.

If your leak is only coming from those two bolts, might sound silly but have you tried tightening them?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If it's dry from where it meets the engine then you might be OK,
i'd definately get the socket set out and see if it turns either way without much force,
but don't undo it, just see if there's any resistance, if not they might just need tightening.

Clio 172 Mk2
the oils definitely coming from the bolts and not where it meets the engine! i'll get under and give that a go tomorrow then. Does everyone else agree??