ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 5

Mini JCW
Another comparison screenshot :

PVp0oTL.jpg

Possible explanation? : http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/56841-microsofts-e3-xbox-one-demos-ran-nvidia-powered-pcs/

I bet Sony are equally as bad though tbf

Evo 5 RS
That link was for one particular 3rd party game where the developers weren't happy with how their build ran on the console at the time, and was strictly their choice. I don't honestly think Forza 5 was running on a PC at E3.

Those pics above can't even be used to compare graphics, there's no information of the compression on each of the videos (plus theyre pretty low quality anyway), best bet is just to wait until it's actually out and then decide from something other than a heavily biased viewpoint with videos made after the first nokia was released!

Nippy white cup
I know you can probably remove them in game but where is the HUD? I haven't read them all but why are most of the reviews glowing regarding graphics? I smell I little bs maybe on both sides

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I know you can probably remove them in game but where is the HUD? I haven't read them all but why are most of the reviews glowing regarding graphics? I smell I little bs maybe on both sides

Agreed. I've read the reviews and seen countless videos and it looks stunning, so it'll look even better in reality. Just not sure what's going on with those clips.

I think it looks great, certainly better than those grabs - its only one track though as they have some time trail competition on.

Nippy white cup
Yeah Chris Turner has played it and said that it is much better than even the good quality vids so I'm confident that it will be good. Unsure about the free mode thing but hopefully it will be different on line?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've just done a couple of race series and - well - it plays great.

994387_10151511702524364_226551555_n_zps77d2558b.jpg

If you liked previous Forza games you'll love this. The graphics are good, the framerate silky smooth and the surround sound audio is good (at least on the cars I've driven so far). Don't be put off by the 6GB update when you first launch the game. You can start playing well before it's finished doing it's thing.

The trigger rumble / feedback works really well actually. It kind of lets you know when you're on the cusp of losing traction and you can change your inputs accordingly; hence it's a good addition and not just some gimmick (as I feared it may have been). I don't think I'll bother going to bed now... :eek:

Evo 5 RS
Nice one Andy :). Still not going to buy one this side of Christmas though. lol at 'on the cusp'. I only use that when I'm about to s**t myself.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You got it!

This is kinda annoying, it was ready at 15% so I could play - get to do the first "proper" race and its been installing content for the past 20 :(

BF4 is killing time like a boss, apparently. Loads of folk stuck at 0-2% after almost an hour.

Mito Sportiva 135
I wish bloody Xmas would hurry up so I can play this. Santa is a f$$%%g c%%7!

In all seriousness though, it's annoying how only Forza and NFS have got good reviews from all the launch games - 2 racing games to choose from and not a lot else (although hoping BF4 will get good reviews for next gen, I've not read any yet)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I wish bloody Xmas would hurry up so I can play this. Santa is a f$$%%g c%%7!

In all seriousness though, it's annoying how only Forza and NFS have got good reviews from all the launch games - 2 racing games to choose from and not a lot else (although hoping BF4 will get good reviews for next gen, I've not read any yet)

BF4 is averaging 87%. It's scoring lower because the single player game is sh*t.

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't seen any exclusive next gen reviews yet - only current (well I guess old gen now!) and PC...I'll have a search. Although I'll be buying it anyway I imagine!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one Andy :). Still not going to buy one this side of Christmas though. lol at 'on the cusp'. I only use that when I'm about to s**t myself.
LOL! On the cusp...

To be honest mate, there's little sense in buying any console at the moment unless you are desperate to play a specific launch game. I love Forza and couldn't wait so it was a no-brainer! If I were sensible I'd just wait for another few months and then get both systems when a better range of games are available.

You'd have thought by now with a new console, massively reduced number of tracks and cars plus the in game monetisation they could at least have fixed s**t like this.

3XH37sQ.jpg

All the talking up of scrapping old and unsatisfactory assets which is clearly not the case and to add to the farce of it both axles still have wheels with the same offset, an issue dating back to the original Xbox and Forza 1.

Looks to me that the game engine and assets have just been patched and polished. Do MS/T10 think people are blind or stupid? Why make the statements they've made in the run up to launch when they're blatantly not true.

I Wonder if the AE86 still had the glitch in the paint/vinyls at the top of the drivers door when you fit a roll cage...

Ph 1 172
Love all the tracks that are on Forza 5 .....but where the f**k are the rest of the tracks!!!!! Without doubt this feels like either it's going to turn into a dlc game....or as said in a previous post its Forza Motorsport prologue