ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. It's ok mate, you only tapped my GT2's bumper. Unfortunately that set off a chain reaction behind me. ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Played this for the first time this week, utter shite. DiRT 2 kills it! Not played DiRT 3 yet mind, or GT5.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Played this for the first time this week, utter s**te. DiRT 2 kills it! Not played DiRT 3 yet mind, or GT5.

LOL, clearly you don't know what your talking about. Out of interest how did you play it? Unless your playing with ALL aids off you aren't utilising the majority of what the game is about ( proper driving physics ). I played it yesterday for the first time in ages ( on a proper wheel setup as well ) and it's amazing, the best feedback from any driving game EVER, period.

And for what it's worth I'm a huge Dirt 2 / 3 fan.

Lol at Forza 3 being shite.

GT5. Now there's a s**t racer. Properly laughable. Makes me wonder precisely WTF they were doing for 5 years. Awful. Mesmerisingly, catastrophically, biblically awful. It's like driving a sewing machine on an ice rink. f**k you Gran Turismo. f**k you.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
LOL, clearly you don't know what your talking about. Out of interest how did you play it? Unless your playing with ALL aids off you aren't utilising the majority of what the game is about ( proper driving physics ). I played it yesterday for the first time in ages ( on a proper wheel setup as well ) and it's amazing, the best feedback from any driving game EVER, period.

And for what it's worth I'm a huge Dirt 2 / 3 fan.

Don't know as it was just round my mates, he did tell me he turned the brake assist off though as he thought that was bullshit.

I think Forza is trying to be ultra realistic? Which is fine... but I just find it boring. Searching through all the levels just to find tracks was depressing, I much prefer the diversity of DiRT.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The menus in Dirt 2 were much better ( they are worse in Dirt 3 ), the level design in Forza 3 is probably the biggest reason why I haven't completed it or played it as much as Forza 2. But if you play it properly with absolutely all the aids off, its really rewarding just how much you can really control the cars through corners.

I suspect your mate had pretty much everything else on, ABS, Auto etc etc which just makes it another arcade racer like you effectively described.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ive got this now n even though i like it its not as good as everyone makes out n YES im playing it with everything off as christopher knows, i love the fact that if you tune a car up to the max it becomes undriveable. Graphics are.. We'll leave it there. As for handling well cant possibly comment i dont drive my car with a joypad nor do i play GT5 with a joy pad wheel only n i cant even drive with the joypad on that so for me GT5 is better for that reason but by no means am i saying its s**t.

Sound is far better than GT5 though that being said some cars do sound the same on Forza as they do on GT5.

I think some of the tracks are w**k aswell, whats wrong with just sticking aload of real ones on rather than some of the ones on it already.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Play GT5 with a pad. lol. Even to mention the two in the same breath is impossible.

And the fictional tracks are historical, mostly. They're from older Forza games. Same as the GT series does.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Lol at Forza 3 being shite.

GT5. Now there's a s**t racer. Properly laughable. Makes me wonder precisely WTF they were doing for 5 years. Awful. Mesmerisingly, catastrophically, biblically awful. It's like driving a sewing machine on an ice rink. f**k you Gran Turismo. f**k you.

i found Forza 3/GT5 exactly the same, handling is very similar, graphics similar etc

i drive with no assists, medium opponents (75% extra cash FTW)

Cornering in GT5 is like riding a food blender on casters. Couldn't be any more disimilar than Forza 3 TBH. I'm all for opinions but sometimes I have to wonder if people just make this stuff up :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Myself and all the usual folk will be.

Me
Chris
Alex H
Stu
Jones

Add me and I'll start a server around 10pm.

My GT is Manmoths

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Agh. I'll delete some after.

Mostly our own S, A, B and C Class cars.

As long as every one of your cars doesn't have AWD and ridiculous downforce, you'll be fine. lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not reading properly ftl.

I'll do my best to try to get on tonight, but the missus is currently living with me and I'm not sure if I'm ready for her to see me in a headset yet. Lol.

Nippy white cup
The AWD cars are just too quick....they obviously have a launch advantage but then they still pull on the straights. At least with RWD and even FWD you need a little more throttle control to get the most out of them

My GT is chriscup172 but I will just see you on tonight

Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So no awd? I have a variety of ones. Why so anti awd lol.

It takes all the skill out of it.

It's the noob's choice. Get a lead from AWD launch then have a mediocre race and still win. lol.

Especially on twistier tracks.

I'm not saying we don't use them, as long as all your cars are AWD it's no biggie. ;)