ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus door protectors?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Might be a repost, but I think these are an awesome idea - especially to counteract the lack or respect/intelligence that's prevalent in today's car parks.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Seems like a neat idea, but I can't help feeling that it goes one step closer to it being acceptable to not give a f**k. If that makes sense. Another human responsibility and self accountability removed.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Will also stop the edges of the door chipping, which is what I can see as its primary job

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok it would help protect the car door, but what about the car its bashing off, surely it will still bash it if theres enough force.

Also agree with Roy.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ford put these on some of the managers cars and didn't tell them.. some noticed, some didn't .. some mentioned they heard a funny noise but didn't know what was making it. :eek:

I think the main aim is to protect your own car .. however it's a far nicer touch condition than the sharp (in comparison) hem-flange edge of a normal door impacting another person's car anyway.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seen it about a year ago but didn't expect it to make production just yet.

Great idea for a £50 option.

Brilliant idea. I wonder if anyone will try and copy these? It pisses me off so much seeing people open their doors into other cars... so much so that even watching that video pissed me off :eek: