ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FM12 CS Challenge

Bit of crap end to the season... Had a fantastic run up towards the last 5 games of the season, had enough games to get in the playoffs if I had won them all however it wasnt to be. With such a tightly packed mid table a couple of defeats pushed my down to 13th come the end of the season.

Officially owned the stadium now, wage budgets currently what i'm paying out at 135k p/w and transfer budget of £630k for the season. Going to be a bit of a grueling next season I feel.

I haven't done to badly today managed to get through 17games which is currently seeing my lie in 14th only 8 points above the drop zone though.

It's hard in the PL.

Dispanded the youth team, released a load of the 'dead wood' and terminated the contracts of the high earners that werent needed in the team to free up a nice amount of wage budget for the new season. Was half tempted to not apply for the reserves legaue either this season as they were pants anyway but deceided I better not go too mad just yet!

7 new players and 3 loan ins so far to the grand fee of £0, also keeping the wage budget to under £135k p/w which is keeping the board happy! The whole team is becoming younger and younger with only 6 or so over 30's with most being under 25, so hopefully they'll be nice and spritely for the new season and get it off to a good start!

Second season syndrome is in full flow. Turned to turd.

Keep getting offered mint players who are available on frees but I've already got decent cover for every position, so in my stupidity, I offered them trials in the hope that they'd be amazed by me and what I've got going on at the club, and so accept a paltry contract offer as backup to the backup.
I've currently got seven triallists in my reserves. I am an actual idiot.

Once I figure out the best formation for my boys in the prem, I should be alright. Should..

I love Lamp
Well I've spent most my money on these players

Soumah Conde £2m (young striker decent potential)
Anto Fitzgerald £110k (LB)
Juddy Kalenga £2.9m MC
Loic Poujol £180k DM
Marc Muniesa £2m DC
Yoan Gouffran £2.6m (GTFI!!)Had

7.5m bid accepted for Yaya Sanogo accepted too haha xD

Marc Muniesa for Barca B team isnt bad.

Carlos Fierro > Yaya Sanogo he is class for me and the staff love him he just keeps getting better and better and he is only 18.

Yaya plays for Barca on mine though so says it all, he is good and has great protential.

im currently messing about with my tactics Jam trying to get the away tactics right is so hard, Im currently playing fluid standard football away from home. when i come up against the bigger teams i play counter to try and catch them on them break.

At home i always play fluid and control not doing badly at home a win against Arsenal and a 2-2 draw against City :)

DCi
How did you get rivaldo with the leagues we picked he isn't on the game well he isn't on mine, Jam check yours I smell a rat :p

Gutted I didn't get on tonight been far to busy over the past fortnight.
I got offered him in my game (didnt want him though) and I defo picked the right setup

Even if you do all select the right leagues there is an element of randomness to it - I can remember one year of FM i got a mint striker for Swindon called Jan Blazek and I never saw him in any other save since.

Rivaldo isn't on mine either. I smell a rat. A big fat cheating rat. Or a cat. Ignore that, I meant a rat.

I love Lamp
Carlos Fierro > Yaya Sanogo he is class for me and the staff love him he just keeps getting better and better and he is only 18.

Yaya plays for Barca on mine though so says it all, he is good and has great protential.

Just no.. Yaya Sanogo becomes one of the best strikers in the game lol.. I failed as didn't have funds though, going to try again now lol.. Him and Gouffran upfront would be epic

Carlos Feirro also goes one of the best on the game 5tar striker soon :)

Im going to scrap my youth system next season but keep my reserves seems to have saved some of you aload of money.

DCi
Rivaldo isn't on mine either. I smell a rat. A big fat cheating rat. Or a cat. Ignore that, I meant a rat.

he's a free agent so at his age if no one wants him he probably retires reasonably quick. if you're past the first season i bet he was in your game but no longer...

I love Lamp
Carlos Feirro also goes one of the best on the game 5tar striker soon :)

Im going to scrap my youth system next season but keep my reserves seems to have saved some of you aload of money.

Lol big money!! Signed Cuenca for 1.8 mill now window is shut, spent 13m and got 7m left but we seem to be taking in 1.5m a month profit atleast so hoping for some more cash in January.. Sitting 16th with 6 points from 5 games.. Lots of players bedding in, woeful away from home beat 4-0 by wolves lmao

Lol big money!! Signed Cuenca for 1.8 mill now window is shut, spent 13m and got 7m left but we seem to be taking in 1.5m a month profit atleast so hoping for some more cash in January.. Sitting 16th with 6 points from 5 games.. Lots of players bedding in, woeful away from home beat 4-0 by wolves lmao

Cuenca is good I got him on a free from Barca :rasp: he was injured for 3months though so only just started breaking into the first team AMR scored on his debut :)

I love Lamp
He can't come till January s only got offered him after window shut.. Just put back on tonight and taken Norwich apart, liking my team tbh can't wait till Jan we are raking the money in!! Lol

Season over I finished 12th :)

Lots of players need to leave in the summer got a few oldies knocking about now.

Highlight of my season - doing a double over Arsenal, beating Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool. Oh and Seedorf getting goal of the season :)

Low point of the season - losing Fierro for 6months I could of made top 10 with him.

I had a little bit more time on it tonight.

Signed Sessengnon, Yakubu, James McCarthy and a few kids for the reserves. I found it proper hard to sign players this year I had £20million and 400k wages but everyone wanted 40k+ in wages so most players weren't worth it. Got £10million left and 200k wages with no-one to sign so I will let it roll over to January or next season.

I got Tranmere as a feeder club so I have sent a few hopefull young players to them see how they get on.

Anyone still in this?

I'm still in, but I'm doing shite - and have just moved house and been busy with work. When I get enough spare time to have a good sesh, I'll be back.

I love Lamp
I haven't touched this in ages, my team were third bottom after like 10 games I think.. Might go back on it over the weekend but not sure

DCi
I just loaded mine up today haha :eek:

I'm about 7 games in to the 2nd season, in the prem with 10 points. Arsenal and Liverpool next, eek.

I'm just about to switch mine on now should get a fair amount of games in today.

I thought I was unlucky finishing 12th 3points off 10th gutted for you.

I have just finished 10th on goal difference \o/ im in 2014 for those still playing.

I also signed Steven Caulker, Danny Wilson, Paco Alcacer & Kevin De Bruyne in January. :)

I have just made a huge transfer for Hull cant believe he came.... James Rodriguez from Man City on Loan he is quality by far the best player in my team he was on around 90k at city I'm only paying 30% wages for him bonus.

I also just got a young guy called Lucas from Internacional for £12.5million biggest ever transfer fee and Billy jones as new RB.

Just rid of Sessengnon aswell bit gutted but I have better in midfield now plus his 47k wage was a lot.

Yeah City bought him for £20million. Now he is at Hull.lol.

He is playing s**t though so far Kevin De Buyrne(sp) is amazing though.

DCi
i had him in my liverpool save when i was playing him with the likes of damiao, hasik, gaitan, adam johnson. Was a world class squad i made :cool:

He is awesome i just hope he starts performing like he should be.

Im aiming for europa football this year try and get some decent players interested in coming to me. Shouldnt be a problem as im currently 2nd after 8games no loses and only 1 draw. :)

See how it pans out. Jordan Rhodes and Fierro are leading my line at the minute and doing great, Alcacer is s**t he didnt score in 18games last season and has falied to do so this season aswell thinking of loaning him out to try and help him out a little.

DCi
I'm in december season 3 and I'm in the top 4. I had like Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool as my first 3 fixtures (actually beat arsenal somehow) so i thought it might be useful to get the demoralisers out the way and crack on. Seems to be going well.

I've got Jay Rodriguez, hopefully I can get him an England call up :D

Looks like its only me and you left Iain.

10th in 2014 is the one to beat if you want the crown.

I will have a full day on it again on Sunday, Sundays are now FM days.

I love Lamp
Yeah I'm done with this, my Barca sides currently 75 goals in 20 games in the league, just beat Real 7-0 too lol.. Hull just doesn't have the same appeal :eek: