ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FM12 CS Challenge

I know i hate playing the 46 games plus the cups.

I hope you promoted come and join the eilte, Think its only me and Iain in the prem at the minute.

My aim for top 10 is a 3 season plan thats why i have signed mostly young players

Yea it is a really long season in the Champ. Hopefully will join you both. :)

I've got a few players in mind I want to sign if I get promoted. I'm going to go for the younger guys too.

The players you get offered in the prem is unreal i was offered players everday but i couldnt pay the wages. I asked the board to increase them but they said no :(. Also the players that become free agents is pretty good, David Bentley, Owen etc.

Still i have done well and im feeling confident in my team although we had a proper s**t pre season only won 1 game.

Owen isn't a bad signing if he doesn't want silly wages. I had him on my old game with Fulham and he's great to bring on as a sub.

I need new scouts desperately though, my current ones are absolute dog s**t!

Yeah I had Owen on my Sunderland game he is class 17 finishing, 17 composure and 17 pace. I coudnt agree terms with him though as he wanted 33k and I could only offer 20k max.

I think my higest paid player is mignolet on 13k.

I'm aloud to scout wherever I like now :)

How much did Mignolet cost you?

I've agreed to sell a load of my players at the end of this season, about 4 or 5, including my second choice keeper, so need to bring in a fair few players.

Mignolet was £1million up front and 500k over 48months. There is loads of good keepers available at the end of the season another good cheap one is Jason Steele who pays for Middlesbrough he has potential to be a better than 4 star keeper.

There is some really good players available if you want to splash the cash I tried to spread mine about though instead of getting one star player.

Nice one. I will have a look come the end of the season.

Fleck is definitely on my shopping list, I always sign him up.

On my list next is Steven Davis from Rangers he is a beast absoulte quailty on it although he does cost a fair bit.

Yeah im hoping Fleck and Hleb can do some damage on the wings this season.

Just made another cracking signing Sebastian Kehl free transfer :)

He is 32 but as long I stay up that's the main objective. His stats are brilliant for a defensive CM so a change in a tactics might be in order.

Also won my first game against Fulham 2-1.

f**king lol.

camflol.png

Idiot.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Just hit January in my first season, sitting top 4 points ahead of Forest. Strikers have been firing mostly blanks, Hobbs has been lethal from set pieces, player of the season so far.

Hope I can keep the form up.

I just sold Hobbs to Burnley as he was starting to question my ability. Despite the fact we were on a good run of form and looking pretty safe for at least a play-off spot. He wasnt getting any games anyway; James Chester & Liam Cooper have struck a good partnership.

Two games later, I play Burnley, he gets his debut and scores after a minute. I had the last laugh though; won 5-1.

Last edited:
Big decision that jam, who you lined up as a replacement. Liam cooper isnt good enough, well he wasnt on mine.

Da Laet on loan sorted.

Big decision that jam, who you lined up as a replacement. Liam cooper isnt good enough, well he wasnt on mine.

Cooper's pretty solid for me, he works really well with James Chester. Having said that, I have brought some free reinforcements in, in the shape of Arne Friedrich and Jack Ainsley.
I've also brought in new left back (Jérémy Hélan) and a new right back (Mustapha Dumbuya), who so far are proving to be brilliant - they'll be next seasons first choices for their respective positions.

I really want to sign Vito Mannone at the end of this loan spell - he's been outstanding for me, however I don't think I'm going to be able to afford him. Got one potential-filled youngster lined up, but he's not ready for the number 1 shirt yet.
Copa wasn't interested. :(

I didn't get a chance to play mine tonight.

Jam, Arne is brilliant getting him fit can be a hassle also he is a prick guessing you signed him on a 1 year contract if you try and renew it he won't have it. Short term wise though good move though.

Arsenal put Vito up for sale at the end of the season think he is roughly £1.4million I was tempted to buy him as he was superb for me aswell. Come end of the season you will get a decent keeper as lot go up for sale and a few free agents are available.

Tbf Basso isn't bad as a back up so I offered him a new deal just incase something happens to Mignolet.

Welcome to the elite.

I haven't been on in a while hopefully I will get some time this week. How much you got to spend?

I'm still looking through all the messages where everybody loves me, so the season isn't over yet - I'm expecting around £150 million...

Noticed this though.
cairneypoy.png

Him and James Chester have been immense.

Ok, Summer clearout number 2 has just happened (hopefully not finished); getting rid of 31 players, many just being released on frees, but also getting in a total of £6.5 million too. Got my biggest fee for Kamel Ghilas; £2.5 Million. I was going to keep hold of him, as he's been on loan at Stade De Reims last season and bagged 23 goals and rave reviews. But he started kicking off when he came back, so I sold him to whoever wanted him. Plus I've got way too many forwards anyway.

However, also brought in 16 more players. Including Aliaksandr Hleb on a free (could well turn out to be bargain of the century..), Vito Mannone from Arsenal (which I was chuffed to bits about, seeing as he was epic last season), Glenn Loovens, and an odd-looking DM by the name of Carlos Gurpegi; He's played one game so far in his DM position (I've changed my formation to accommodate him), scored one screamer, set-up another, stopped two clear-on chances, cleared one off the line, ended the game with a 9.0 rating and the man of the match award.
I like him.

Beat Fulham 3-2 in my first game. Yeah, I'm third in the premier league; what do I win? - there was nothing mentioned about finishing in the top 10..
third.png

*ahem*

Last edited:
£2.5million for Ghilas good deal i got 875k for him. I also got Hleb on mine but he isnt match fit just yet.

I will be hitting this tomorrow night finally have a night to myself. No you dont win yet Jam :rasp:

Whos still left doing this? Is it just me and Jam now?

I'm still in mate. Haven't had a chance to get on recently but will be on tonight to finish off my first season and hopefully get in to the playoffs!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Just been promoted from the Champioship in the first season. Finished first 4 points ahead of Birmingham. Hobbs was players of the season and top scorer with 11. Cairney was immense and the Rivaldo gamble paid off, he played great in the hole.

Already got rid of Fryatt to Blackburn for £1.5m, will probably be a big turnover of players in the off season.

Just been promoted from the Champioship in the first season. Finished first 4 points ahead of Birmingham. Hobbs was players of the season and top scorer with 11. Cairney was immense and the Rivaldo gamble paid off, he played great in the hole.

Where did you finish? Were there a load of scorers of not many goals throughout your team?
In my first season, my top three scorers were Simpson (18), Fryatt (15) & McLean (12) - and about 10 others on at least 5, and I only just secured a play off spot with two games to go. Had a pretty tasty goal difference too.

You're right though about Cairney - He's mr consistent; always pulling out top-notch performances. Or at least did in the Championship; not got stuck into season 2 properly yet.

Yes, I realise how sad I sound.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

Where did you finish? Were there a load of scorers of not many goals throughout your team?
In my first season, my top three scorers were Simpson (18), Fryatt (15) & McLean (12) - and about 10 others on at least 5, and I only just secured a play off spot with two games to go. Had a pretty tasty goal difference too.

You're right though about Cairney - He's mr consistent; always pulling out top-notch performances. Or at least did in the Championship; not got stuck into season 2 properly yet.

Yes, I realise how sad I sound.

Finished first, was actually 3 points ahead of Brum not 4.
wjj88m.png

Everybody chipped in goals wise, my strikers were really crap though. Fryatt got 2 from 17, Mclean got 1 from 6 and Simpson got 1 from 10. I play 4-4-1-1 and none of them really suited my style of play really of playing in the poaching role. Fryatt had loads of chances but couldn't hit a barn door. In January I shipped out Jay and Mclean out on loan and got David Goodwillie in from Blackburn, he did well getting 8 from 17 games.
23h95rl.png

How did you get rivaldo with the leagues we picked he isn't on the game well he isn't on mine, Jam check yours I smell a rat :p

Gutted I didn't get on tonight been far to busy over the past fortnight.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Not sure, I started with English, Spanish and Italian leagues and the updated database.

I love Lamp
Haven't played in ages but went back on it this morning, finished second season coming second so up to the big leagues, already had QPR and West Brom wanting me but rejected.. Just seen my initial budget for this season which is £20.33mill transfer budget and £245k wages.. Very happy with that amount lol!! The culling and scrapping of youths and reserves has proved a good idea.. Not sure what budgets you lot have had??

£20million f**king hell. I got £7million think Jam and Iain got about the same.

I should get a few hours in today off out for a run and to watch the Liverpool game first though.

I love Lamp
£20million f**king hell. I got £7million think Jam and Iain got about the same.

I should get a few hours in today off out for a run and to watch the Liverpool game first though.

Ahaha told you the 3 year plan is the way forward!! Got to spend it wisely, thinking 20mill bid for Heskey

Don't you worry I have a 3 year plan of my own :)

Just turned mine on I have 6days left in the window but no money left time for loan moves I think.

Cracking start back for me into the game, 4 straight wins against so high fliers also! Gone from 19th to 13th and now 5 points away from the playoffs, long way to go still so not getting my hopes up just yet!

No signings as yet for me either, though the club have given me an influx of new youth players in the Jan transfer window :s

Lol, dont know how to do screenshots however has anyone else had an April fools message come up as a normal mail? Just got one saying...

"Herbert Lands Hull Windfall"

"In a display of incredible generosity, the Hull board have awarded you a sum in the region of 500m to spend on players and a new stadium. Please comfirm this unexepected bonus."

Clicked it and it said, "You didnt actually think we'd make things this easy for you did you?" April fools, you b*****d!

Lol that's quality Nick.

My new tactics after bringing in some new faces are working a treat, Kehl & Seedorf are amazing. I beat Arsenal 2-1 at home which is nice. I'm currently 8th with 14points after 9 games so nit doing to badly.

I can't get my strikers to score though.