ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FLY BY WIRE CONVERSION CHIP

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Right I had a phone call from a company earlier, who as per normall were trying to sell us stuff and become a UK Importer for certain items.

One of the items they offer is a "Sprint Booster Power Convertor", basically from the blurb I have received, it is a control unit that plugs into the back of the accelerator pedel, and increases the respnsivness of the accelerator, givving it the effect that you have a cable as opposed to the fly by wire set up.

Have any of you heard about this or have anything similar fitted to your car, the fittment range is quite good and they list a full range of cars from VAG/BMW right through to the likes of FORD and RENAULT.

All the advertising bumpf they have sent out, makes it look like a great product, but the guys arent willing to send one out as a tester for us, so I am thinking it may be a waste of £200 retail.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
Meh still cant beat a propper cable one... not sure how much the conversion is tho.
Seems very pricey for what it does lol

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
From the looks of the product it is a control module that is placed at the back of the accelartor pedal, to fit it you have to undo the screws that hold the pedel in position, slid it out of the way and disconnect the wires leading the the back of the pedal.

Once the cable is disconnected, you plug the module in where the connector used to fit and then the connector fits onto the module, once its all together you are left with the following;

BEFORE

PEDAL - BLOCK CONNECTOR

AFTER

PEDAL - SPRINT BOOSTER - BLOCK CONNECTOR.

Audi TT 225
Its probably some sort of signal booster or it fools the TB into thinking you've pressed the pedal further and probably cost about 3p to make lol

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Yeah thats exactally what I thought I am sure this is similar to the group N ECU Remap but this way it fools the accelator into thinking you are pushing it further quicker.

Not sure, but would like to test on on someone else car to see what if any difference it makes.