ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update:

Dropped the car off a Rentech to get the ktec stealth removed, and a PMS exhaust fitted, cheers @Mike@Rentech :smile:

25133172382_d4f620fd73_z.jpg
Untitled by Fletcher Cox, on Flickr

24620804174_01824bdc7a_z.jpg

Only done about 60 miles with it fitted so far, but am very impressed it sounds great, very raspy!

And these arrived yesterday morning. Chris Powell 280mm Brembo brackets.

25133170452_aa7f54ff44_z.jpg

Currently running standard calipers, Brembo HC discs, Goodridge lines/ ATE super blue and and CL RC6 pads, so don't really have any need for another set of 4 pots, but like the weight saving, and being able to run a less aggresive pad (to stop ruining wheels etc)

...Hopefully give it a good clean over the weekend, and get some go pro footage of the exhaust.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You reckon there's much in it with the weight saving? Especially if you go for bigger discs with the Brembos..

If I do go down the Brembo 4 pot route Martin I will run standard Brembo HC 280mm discs, to get under my 15" wheels.

My old Compbrake B4 4 pot kit with separate bells was much much lighter than the standard calipers/ OEM Renault set up.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Saw this again at Rentech on Monday, cool as always.

Mike was saying a few expletives about some of your exhaust bolts I think haha!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine is very tinny. Sounds epic in goodwood tunnel.

Il actually be around next weekend so we can go for a blast then. Will be on the standard wheels then as well.