ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flapping guard!

Artic Blue Clio 182
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this...

I recently noticed a (new) rattling noise coming from the rear of my clio, and after having a look underneath I realised what the prob is.
Where the two exhausts are held up (on my 182) above that there is a kind of metal heat guard screwed into the chassis of the car, this has came loose at the end nearest the rear and is flapping aound, so everytime I bump over something, I can hear its flapping up and down, knocking the exhaust.

I doubt that it is going to cause a lot, if any damage but its a tad annoying as you can hear it as you drive. I cannot screw this back in as it has worn away around the screws and broke off, leaving the screws still in there!

Has this happend to anyone else, and what would you suggest as the easiest or best option to sort it and put it right?

Thanks in advance!! :D

Artic Blue Clio 182
not quite that simple...where the screws were screwed in, the guard has broken away leaving a small piece of the actual guard still under each of the two screws! (if you get what I mean)