ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting buckets

Thinking of fitting a set of cheap buckets in the front to replace my dreary and aged front seats.
Looking at just a universal set on eBay that have adjustable position and come on sliders. They're a cheap and cheerful 150ish - obviously no sparco or Recaro.

With regards to fitting these, my plan was to get OMP universal weld-in subframes, put those in, and then mount the seats on their sliders to the subframe, does that sound right?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
The OMP subframes you would buy will bolt to the floor in the standard fixing positions, you would then fix your choice of bucket seat to these via your slider.

completely reversible if you wish to refit the factory seats at a later date.

Ok so this is something like what i'm looking at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350655055670?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They state they come pre-fitted with sliders, would I need the universal subframes? I had a quick look at my current seats and their sliding rains seem to just be bolted onto the floor. Couldn't I remove my current seats and their rails, and bolt hese ones in place? Or remove the frame that's on the base of my clio seats?

Apologies if that's a totally stupid question! I'm not 100% sure on how this all works and don't want to spend an extra £60+ on subframes i potentially don't need.

Last edited:
  E30 325i & 172 Cup
It looks like those ebay seats fit the existing bolt holes in the floor. If you do need a frame you need to know if the sliders will fit on the frame as they look a bit wide.
Another issue is the seat belt, as the retainer or whatever its called is mounted to the clio seat base and those seats on ebay dont look like they have anywhere to bolt them too, where as proper frames will have. Also if you do attach the seat belt retainer directly to one of those seats, it wont be as strong as using a proper frame as the sliders tend to be only a couple of mm thick. If you are in a crash the sliders will just split.

The clio base, sliders and seat are welded together.

It looks like those ebay seats fit the existing bolt holes in the floor. If you do need a frame you need to know if the sliders will fit on the frame as they look a bit wide.
Another issue is the seat belt, as the retainer or whatever its called is mounted to the clio seat base and those seats on ebay dont look like they have anywhere to bolt them too, where as proper frames will have. Also if you do attach the seat belt retainer directly to one of those seats, it wont be as strong as using a proper frame as the sliders tend to be only a couple of mm thick. If you are in a crash the sliders will just split.

The clio base, sliders and seat are welded together.

Thanks for the info buddy - they're stated as being /for/ a clio 'though some mechanical knowledge maybe required' It does seem like they should just bolt into the existing floor holes. If I did need frames, I'd either have to use OMP's universal ones, or have some made up i guess.
As for the seatbelt - i guess the only option would be to bolt/fit it to the seat itself, unless frames are put in - which may be unneccessary. It's annoying because i really won't know until i got the seats..

Again though - thanks for the information and looking into it - this may require much more research - not that i'm in a blind rush to buy them, they'll be there tomorrow, and the next day.

Any other readers got comments on it?