ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a Maxogen

Inferno 182
Hi,
I know this has been asked before but I am confused after searching previous threads.
I have bought a 2nd hand Maxogen and want to fit. I am hoping I can just replace original airbox and fit maxogen onto throttle boy and bolt under slam panel - job done.
Do I have to do anything about the acoustic valve, faffing around under the wheel arch etc?
Any advice from hands on experience would be appreciated
Cheers
Al

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Didn't you get the instuctions???

Takes more than 10 mins, just to get the valve out!

Chocolate Bar™
fitted mine the other week, and piece of piss 10min job once i'd made up a replacement bracket.

BMW M135i
No need to get the valve out though, you can just disconnect the hose coming from it and leave the valve in place.

Inferno 182
Fitted it now thanks guys.
The fitting wasn't bad but it was a right pain trying to remove the acoustic valve. Ended up just getting rid of the cold air pipe and leaving the acoustic valve in lace as I couldn't identify which bits to get rid.
Problem caused because I don't know what the valve actually looks like.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The valve is Huge, inside pass wheel arch.

Undo nut & remove everything apart from horn;)