ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fisheye / Wideangle

Octavia vRS tfsi
What kind of effect would a lens like this have on photos?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0-36X-FISHEYE...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Ebay's finest obviously, but are they even worth the money being asked of them?

This kind of effect?
1580910723_f80b86f8e3_o.jpg

Octavia vRS tfsi
Not a member on there Pete, will look into it now cheers :) For the bargain basement price I was expecting something cheap alright, but it seems they're not even that cheerful!

The photo that I posted, is there a way of telling what lens that it was shot with? I seem to remember reading about a website that you cop the photo into and it spits back the details, but can't remember where I saw it ...

Not a member on there Pete, will look into it now cheers :) For the bargain basement price I was expecting something cheap alright, but it seems they're not even that cheerful!

The photo that I posted, is there a way of telling what lens that it was shot with? I seem to remember reading about a website that you cop the photo into and it spits back the details, but can't remember where I saw it ...

Are you thinking of EXIF data?
http://www.digicamhelp.com/learn/glossary/exif.php

That picture has had the EXIF stripped but at a guess I'd say it was taken with a wide angle, not a fisheye and probably something like the Sigma 10-20.

182 & Porsche 986
I'd say fisheye's are worth the money, but not the cheap ones.
heres a few i took with mine which i don't have anymore wish i did.
2380259550_2f183df6da.jpg

2239152810_e0bf22ea0e.jpg

10mm fish eye on a canon 40D = 168 degree view
10mm rectilinear on a canon 40D = 110degree view

top picture is a wide angle lens (you can tell due to the perspective) probably around 15-17mm on a crop camera.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
top picture is superb. as for the fish eyes, the same effect can be achieved in photoshop in 2 or 3 clicks so personally i wouldnt see the point, unless ur a traditionalist.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I got one...My ancient! My old man's infact. Got a step down ring to make it fit...Yet to try it out!

top picture is superb. as for the fish eyes, the same effect can be achieved in photoshop in 2 or 3 clicks so personally i wouldnt see the point, unless ur a traditionalist.

no it can't because the FOV is different for each focal length. you might be able to curve the edges but thats all

182 & Porsche 986

you cant add on the picture taken around you on photoshop that normal lens cant see, if you on about the border i don't think you will get that on the really expensive fish eyes.

Works...kind of...
It also depends on your camera.

Some fish-eyes work a lot better on Full-frame than they do on crop sensors.

182 (Conversion)
I have to admit I can't remember the lens. It's not an expensive one, but it's certainly not a cheap crappy thing. Maybe £350-£400

Cupra
Yes. They are good lenses and are surprisingly solid. Given the choice again, I would have chosen the Sigma 10-20 over it as the extra 2mm in the wide end make a fair difference.