ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you?

Ian

Focus TDCi
I can't see any brand names there and for that price it seems way too cheap for 4 filters, so no I wouldn't personally.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'm not sure tbh pal, but if you get a cheap filter it can totally mess up your photos. I own a Hoya polarising filter, most people seem to rate them - cost me about £15 I think. Can get a bit expensive though, so it depends how much you want to spend. Next on my list are probably some Cokin Graduated Density filters.

I'm sure someone else will be able to give you a decent answer though.

Cupra
I got a free no name filter for one of my lenses when i bought it, and the only thing it is good for is being used as a dust cap.
All my lenses have B&W filters on. No point in buying nice glass and sticking rubbish stuff in front of it.

so basically buying filters of the bay is a no no

Buying the cheapest ones you can find yes. You can get good prices on high end filters from Hong Kong still, just need to know what your looking for.

Hoya DMC and B&W are a good start. Need to check what types of coating they have.

No, like Hoya have a DMC range or Digital Multi-Coated filters and B&W have MRC or Multi Resistant Coating, just a sign that they are higher quality.

Depends, back in the day Jessops took me for my money and I foolishly paid £30 for a home branded 58mm CPL (you'll get a top of the line Hoya DMC for that money on eBay now). Then recently I paid £44 for a 77mm B&W MRC UV filter which I'm very happy with but then again it is protecting a pricey lens.

Just depends how much your willing to spend and the intended use, if your just messing around a cheap bundle might be worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOYA-52mm-Pro...Q5fCameraLensesFiltersQ5fJNQQsalenotsupported

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOYA-52mm-52-...Q5fCameraLensesFiltersQ5fJNQQsalenotsupported

Also what lens have you got with a 52mm thread?