ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First post new member re: Racing Blue

Hello all,

Does anybody have, or know where I can see decent pic of a 182 in Racing Blue.

Having never owned a Renault of any description before, I was looking around dealers last Thursday for a new/second hand car and wandered into Renault, tested a 172 and a Cup and went back in on Saturday to order a new 182 with cup spoilers and suspension pack, in Racing Blue. Picture on Renault.co.uk is a bit small and difficult to judge and I only have until Monday to change the colour.

Car is due for delivery on 22nd March and considering before Thursday I had not even thought of a Renault, I cant wait now. Hope it is as much fun as my modded Mk2 Golf with 164 @ wheels.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Welsh182, have got a pic but had problems uploading it so have emailed it to you.

Thanks very much for that Dave, I am glad Ive seen that as that looks a lot darker than it appears on the Renault web site and the dealer did not have any swatches of the colour yet.

Not sure wether to change it to Arctic Blue now, as I have only seen a picture of that on the EVO Website and that is like a Renault studio shot.

And for Smoothed, I am from Swansea South Wales

dk

911 GTS Cab

this is a link which shows photos of a parked rtic blue,

http://www.rs-team.org/Html/Actu/rs3.htmlhttp://www.rs-team.org/Html/Actu/rs3.html

I personally think it looks like a lighter cup blue like a Peugeot 206 and am not too keen on it. I personally think the Racing Blue will be very nice and is the newest looking of the new colours. The Black Gold will be nice but may look too similar to the current 172 and the Titamium Silver will be common and also look like a 172. All the colours are nice, but I think the Racing Blue will stand out more amongst the crowd (and cost £300 less - no im not being cheap, but it helped pay for my CD changer instead!)

I think you are right and 300 quid is 300 quid after all. Got the Cup Suspension and spoiler kit for little more than that.

That site has some good pics, Thanks again. If it was available in UK, that yellowy gold colour looks great in the pics and the graphite wheels are really nice too. First decent pics of these wheels Ive seen.

22nd March is just about 8 and a bit weeks too far away. Are you getting yours on the 1st?

dk

911 GTS Cab

The last time I checked it was supposed to be arriving in the last week of Jan/first week feb and then I am waiting until 1st March but I also know how renaults dates are about as secure as a chocolate Teapot in the desert! I have been waiting since September for mine as I originally ordered a 172 then found out the 182 was coming out and cancelled the 172 and placed the order for the 182, so I have been waiting ages, only another 6 weeks to go (hopefully). I cant wait to see the anthracite wheels in the flesh though as everybody at the moment seems to be sl*gging off the new wheels, and I think they are great.

Yes I am convinced. Cheers mate. What area are you from?

I know that mine is the first ordered from Renault Swansea so unless you are nearby there should not be two identical cars around where I live.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Im from Kidderminster in Worcestershire, so nowhere near you, ordered mine from Lloyds TSB Carselect and it is coming from a dealer in Coventry, have sent off my membership to the club today so that I can start attending events once I get the car.

Glad to hear it.

I will join the club when I get the car, and time permitting I will try to attend some events but it may be difficult this year with work, a small baby and a college course to finish.

I have been a regional host for ClubGTI for a number of years having had my Mk2 for 10 of them, it will make a change not to see Golfs everywhere.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Have just had a call and my car has been put back 1 month and is now due the last week of February, so hopefully I will still get it for the first, but I bet it will fall back again!