ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post but a shout for help!

Ultra Red 2008 197
Morning all,

I know this is my first post but I only picked up the car last night!

Handbook is at home so can't check, but on a gentle run down this morning the 'engine management - looking' light has come on. No STOP sign just the one under the cruise control lamp on the dash. Car drives fine, goes strongly so no 'limp home mode' but is there anyone near Middlesbrough (I'm at work) has a code reader who could do me a favour and let me know whats up as I'm concerned for my 40 odd mile drive home!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Ultra Red 2008 197
emissions light so leaking exhaust or lambda sensors.

decat?

Yep, decatted. Nowt to worry about then? Only just shown up this morning. Had a decent spirited test drive and no light, bit of a hoof last night, and just came on, on a cruise down this morning...

Cheers for the quick reply by the way!

Clio 182 inferno
Mine used to turn on then off again and then wouldnt do it for ages and then it light up again. Turned out it was being
Caused by a throttle body problem. Changed the throttle body and nothing since.
Best to get it plugged in fella just to make sure

arctic 182 ff
It is because of the decat it came on once not long after i fitted it cleared it and it never came back on,typical you pick it up and it pops up. :-(

Ultra Red 2008 197
It is because of the decat it came on once not long after i fitted it cleared it and it never came back on,typical you pick it up and it pops up. :-(

All sorted mate. Mechanic mate dropped round with his SnapOn and was either the decat or a dicky brake sensor switch as the brake pedal switch and the cruise control had reported a fault. Came on with the cruise at 75 on the A1 so thats where I'm guessing it lies. Reset it and fine. No worries Gary, car going like a bomb and putting a right grin on my face. :)

arctic 182 ff
Glad its sorted and your happy with it,gunna miss that car was something about it,always put a smile on me face. :)