ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car, need some input

1.4 8v clio
Hey new to the site an just got a clio :), sorry about the pictures being so shoddy just wanted some input as where to start with modifications. One of the wheels is badly buckled which will be being replaced as soon as i can find some clio alloys, so that will be the first thing to do.

Attachments

• myclio.jpg
    myclio.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 268
  • myclio1.jpg
    myclio1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 270
Welcome!

Depends on your taste tbh mate. But id say lower it. Or some smaller things you could do are ph2 rear lights and the dual optic headlights.

1.4 8v clio
Thanks guys well its off the road until i past my test so i plan on doing as much as i can now but on a budget :p, lowering will be done soon hopefully any springs recommendations (cant afford coilovers)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Put some Renault wheels on it .. decent rubber .. lower it if insurance allows. That'll pretty much do.

If you like music, put a subtle sub in too .. will do wonders for the sound staging (especially if you can tweak the head unit to cut bass to the front speakers).

1.4 8v clio
looking for some renault alloys now but they go so fast on the forum an ebay seems to not offer much either, yeh i should save for insurance but nevermind ;)

1.4 8v clio
yeh thanks ill do that later i want 15's friend had 17s on a clio an it was horrible, also im thinking of changing the badges like spraying them or buying some not sure what colour though

1.4 8v clio
are the dual optics an easy change im tempted to do them soon, an 60mm is it a bit low is it not, there the alloys im keeping my eye out for but they go fast on the forum

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Welcome!

Depends on your taste tbh mate. But id say lower it. Or some smaller things you could do are ph2 rear lights and the dual optic headlights.

This! Get yourself a clay bar, polish and wax it and i'm sure with the above it'll look cracking. Maybe some non-sport alloys!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The colour comes up lovely, not bad for an 11 year old car :)

4547320297_3ff8507bfa_o.jpg

Mate has same colour and has some f1's on it, looks better but needs a drop!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Need to keep mods basic and tidy mate. You can make non sports look really tidy for not a lot of money.

Your first step should be to buy my cup turini's lol ;)

But seriously, some nice wheels, lowering and body colouring and it will look really tidy.