ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got myself a clio..

Iceburg silver 172
Finally i have bought a clio!, i originally was looking for 182's but then my dad sent me a link to this and i fell in love, so i picked it up last night and my dad drove it home as im not insured, and i wont be insured until sunday! its going to drag so bad but at least i have time to get it sparkling! ;)
photo13_zps1ac6c4c8.jpg

photo42_zps6528d6eb.jpg

photo33_zps4d0d9d54.jpg

photo23_zpsaff4c7ae.jpg

thinking of doing the wheels either black or white, what do you think? and im saving for a milltek full system or does anyone know a better system? i want loud as possible but sounding good not just like the exhaust has fell off :cool:

Clio RS 172 2002
I'm a dad and bought a 172 for my 2 sons (aged 21 & 23). My advice is DO NOT LET HIM DRIVE THE CLIO otherwise you will never get to use it for yourself. :)

They are great cars.

Also IMHO resist the temptation to spend money on mods. They are great cars from stock. Save your cash for good tyres and if so inclined, get some advanced driver training and some track time.

Do what my kids do: let Dad have a drive every time the fuel tank is empty. Dunno how many times my "trip " has started with a stop for petrol.

Last edited:
  Iceburg silver 172
I'm a dad and bought a 172 for my 2 sons ( aged 21 & 23). My advice is DO NOT LET HIM DRIVE THE CLIO otherwise you will never get to use it for yourself. :)

They are great cars.

Do what my kids do: let Dad have a drive every time the fuel tank is empty. Dunno how many times my "trip " has started with a stop for petrol.

haha that sounds a great idea ill bare that in mind when im running a bit low ;)

Iceburg silver 172
Anthracite wheels would look good on this mate. Nice purchase! :)

cheers mate, i just thought about that, is it hard to do it yourself rather than pay someone else to get it done? (as you can tell im still quite a noob to all this)

Looks good, still fancy getting a 197 as a daily.. White wheels would look great!

I have a decat yozza on my 182 and its silly loud. Its very fun, but parents+neighbours+General public really don't like it.

Iceburg silver 172
Looks good, still fancy getting a 197 as a daily.. White wheels would look great!

I have a decat yozza on my 182 and its silly loud. Its very fun, but parents+neighbours+General public really don't like it.

haha thats what i was going to get if i got a 182!

Don't put a silly loud exhaust on it. Tbh though, I'd only change the exhaust once the old one is knackered.

Iceburg silver 172
The k-tec pro performance exhaust is brilliant for these cars, had one on mine. Everyone who heard it , said how nice it was, fitment is excellent was well.

Its very reserved, and how the car should should IMO, its a deep , quality sounding, and not raspy.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2660&appid=3

cheers mate, ill have listen on youtube between that and the milltek and choose! easy enough to fit myself or should i take it to a garage?

I've got the Ktec system on my car with decat pipe. (Only 1 cat is removed so still flies throught MOT) great system and is plenty loud enough but you do get a flat spot at about 2500. If you're getting it mapped though, you can almost map it out.

I haven't had my map, I've just got used to it and if I'm driving hard it's usually above 2500rpm at all times.

Here's an idea of noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Iceburg silver 172
I've got the Ktec system on my car with decat pipe. (Only 1 cat is removed so still flies throught MOT) great system and is plenty loud enough but you do get a flat spot at about 2500. If you're getting it mapped though, you can almost map it out.

I haven't had my map, I've just got used to it and if I'm driving hard it's usually above 2500rpm at all times.

Here's an idea of noise.

ill have a listen of that when im home, im at work in the office atm and i dont think everyone would be impressed lol cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
  Suzuki Jimny
Don't bother with a chav exhaust.

Keep the wheels silver and save the money for tyres/fuel/gearbox rebuild.