ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally bought a Beemer!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
After thinking about an E36 M3 I realised I wasn't cool enough :( plus was hard finding a good one for my budget and they were all a long way away.

Went to see 3 E46's this afternoon and this was the best of the bunch!

330ci M sport. Got xenons, leather, reversing sensors, cruise control and Harmon Kardon as options. Cruises very nicely, sounds awesome, and got 35mpg cruising at 75mph on the way home!
Got it for a VERY tidy price too!

Bit of tidying up to do on it, wheel refurb, get rid of a few dents, but runs and drives spot on :D

IMG_0094.gif

IMG_0095.gif

IMG_0096.gif

IMG_0097.gif

IMG_0098.gif

IMG_0099.gif

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice spec! Love the black and the seats, walnut needs addressing though. Easy change over if you're not a fan :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I love the leather!
Going to get some black trim for it, agree that it's horrible! But an easy fix.

I love the noise too!

Mk5 golf gti
Looks nice, the 330 is a great solid engine

nice cruiser

but.....that interior :dead: sorry Lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Anytime Graybo!

Alan it certainly is!
I do fancy an M3 maybe next, have to see how different it is to this, but mainly just wanted something cheapish to have a car again, as said I did want an E36 M3 but decided against it. This is definately quick enough for me and has a bit of class, once my plate is transferred on noone will know it;s 9 years old!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Nice motor dude would look awesome with a black kidney grill :), but as most comment's shame about the colour off the interior, but each to there own.

If you where thinking off looking for a M3 next look for a GT E36 or get the E46 shape but pre 2001 (cheaper tax bracket) after 2001 there £400 a year to tax.

Love how the Bmw's feel and drive hence why i've owned my E30 M3 for the last 7 years :).

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers mate.

I like the leather, the panels I'm not too keen about, will just get some black ones off ebay at some point I reckon.
Don;t think I'd go for an E36 now to be honest, probably end up with an E46 but would want as new as possible to be fair, the £400 tax doesnt really put me off as it's only once a year, expensive cars are expensive to run...!

I love the E30's!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Looks good mate but get rid of that interior trim! I have some oem 19" m3 wheels in need of a refurb if your interested?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Possibly Scoot, do they come with tyres? How much?!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yes mate to look good crusing costs money so £400 a year tax is nothing.

Now you own a Beemer look into Bmw forum's as it's always handy, also might be lucky and find someone breaking there 330ci or maybe a M3 for the panels :).

S3 Sportback, Ninja
No tyres im afraid unless you want some illegal rears i could leave on? Im after £300 im located in lincoln which isnt too far from you

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers Max, I'm on e46 zone but will join a few others.

Thanks Scoot but to be honest I'm trying to keep the car cheap, spending £1k on wheels refurb and tyres kind of defeats the object!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Lol no worries there is a bloke on the forum who ive used before who sells part worn conti's front and rear tyres with 4+ mill on £150 for all 4

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Still looking at £600+ though mate, which will run the car for a year!
Cheers anyways though mate.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nice buy, I too was wanting to get a E36 M3 but decided to be sensible instead.

Dark wood trim instead of black, would sort that interior out a treat.

Lol no worries there is a bloke on the forum who ive used before who sells part worn conti's front and rear tyres with 4+ mill on £150 for all 4

Whaaat? One e46zone? Do you know his username?

Turbos.
Thought i had puked over the screen, but it was just your interior.

They are nice cars, just common as much, so hard to get excited about...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thought i had puked over the screen, but it was just your interior.

They are nice cars, just common as much, so hard to get excited about...

FLOL!!!

It's nothing mental but a nice enough car for little money!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lovely cars these, dirt cheap now aswel, i would have had an auto, being a 3 litre barge

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks nice!! Although the interior isnt quite to my taste lol ....

Also, it should have MV1 wheels, not MV2's ;) looks a little strange as its pre-facelift. Oh, & MV2's are a b**ch to clean properly!!!

Welcome to the e46 club though. They're great cars!! You wont get for 35mpg for much longer though, unless you drive like a granny. Ask Vish, he's on 1st name terms with the chap at Shell iirc.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like the car and the seats.Just need to set the dash on fire...

Looks good and im sure you could find some carbon effect inserts or something...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Dave, yeah theyre mv2 reps, but I prefer them to be honest, just need a quick refurb on them.

Driving down to Bournemouth at the weekend so will see what a steady run gets me, either way mpg isn't a big issue for me really.

Going to get some black dash trims etc at some point soon I reckon.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I get 33 MPG out of my 330ci M sport convertible but im doing 100 mile a day on the motorway in mine, so bloody comfy and solid to drive. Ive had mine almost 4 years now.
Front arms tend to wear on the E46's, i replaced mine about a year ago with bilsteins