ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST Crash at the Nurburgring (clio camera car)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Just spotted this video on youtube, one of the worst crashes at the Schwedenkreuz corner (i think
thats the corner)

The guy is ok which is the main thing but poor car :dapprove:

Another harsh reminder to the fact that the Nurburgring should be respected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ, I wonder what the bill came too??

Must've been £000's!

I'm not sure what I would do after a crash like that... I live for the Nurburgring tbh crave it every year...

I'm pretty sure I would be back, I wouldn't be able to tell my parents though! Would have a heart attack knowing i was back on it lol

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm not sure what I would do after a crash like that... I live for the Nurburgring tbh crave it every year...

I'm pretty sure I would be back, I wouldn't be able to tell my parents though! Would have a heart attack knowing i was back on it lol

A friend of mine lost his car and got a big bill from the Nurburgring last year. He came with us to the ring this year but as a passenger. He said he wouldnt do it in his new car unless it was fully insured. He lost around £3500 i think

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow, that's nasty.

His first fail was going on the track with those 17's! :nono:

Oil Burner
I always crash there on Grandturismo lol, Albeit not that spectacularly. Well impressed with how the Fiesta held up.

Hope the guy is alright, and didnt get too badly raped by the circuit.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah i'd say its deffo a case of zee old lift-off-oversteer to me.

Thought it could have somthing to do with the Biker that overtook him at first but the biker was much further infront when the back end sliped away

Ive never been so can't comment but looks like the crest and camber of the track might have something to do with it. Ive binned a car in the same situation :(

M16a
you are being thick rich lol, clearly a clio dash from the camera, the old astra could just have parked since seeing the crash

but credit to the fiesta holding up and leaving the driver all okay,

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
After seeing a few similar vids and pics, I doubt I'll ever go. I don't see the point in going all that way to mooch around slowly, and with all the traffic/bikers etc I wouldn't want to go over and drive hard.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Combination of speed, lift off and a little crest at the apex = sky ground sky ground sky ground......

Glad he's ok. Lucky it rolled as that would have dissipated some of the energy. Must have been pushing 3 figures there ?!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not me Sir! lol.

F*ck paying out when they came with the car and aren't broken.

How many miles in the 200 now?

Mountune Tractor
I wonder what part the motorbike played in that crash? He easily overtook it earlier in the lap and then it caught him back up again and overtook him, I wonder if he was trying to give it that little bit extra to get back past the bike.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Sad sight

To be honest, it is a hard place to reign yourself in when driving, but definately worth it!

E90
My mate Ian barrel rolled his arosa there when it went light over the crest before, aside from the foxhole and Pf3 the most dangerous section to have an off for sure. Looks like he may of lifted a wee bit for the bike as the closing speed was fairly quick, and a lift there is a definate no no 100+ mph bend.

Not sure what he "may" be claiming for and unless he has given up all hope of anything to do with insurance, I'd suggest that video is promtly removed by his mate.