ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST Crash at the Nurburgring (clio camera car)

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Dont see how people can say the biker played a part in it. The biker wasnt driving the ST! The ST driver was the one in control and making his own decisions.

BG 182 FF
lucky to be alive after that as said before in the thread i too really want go the ring this year just wonder weather a few track days may be worth it before i go even though when there i wouldn't drive like a tit anyway.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Sunshine.... ? No need for that my friend.

I've come to learn this week that the term 'Sunshine' when used in this context, really pisses off people north of the Watford Gap. Why is it so highly offensive? Im genuinely curious!

Anyway, that vid just reaffirms why i have no real interest in that place. Not for me.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
sun·shine

[suhn-shahyn]
dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
Show IPA
–noun 1. the shining of the sun; direct light of the sun.
2. brightness or radiance; cheerfulness or happiness.
3. a source of cheer or happiness.
4. the effect of the sun in lighting and heating a place.
5. a place where the direct rays of the sun fall.

Confirms you northerners are plain weird. No wonder us southerners offend you.....with never have a facking clue that we are!

Swift Sport
Trackdays attract car enthusiasts that want to drive their cars quickly and legally, to test both their driving capabilities and their cars limits.

The Nurburgring however, attracts people who want to take a trip to Germany to drive round the world famous circuit they've seen on TV... Hence why there's so many accidents. That's without even mentioning how dangerous the track is and how difficult it is to learn.

Turbos.
It shouldn't put people off going. As Dave has said, you can go for the 'experience'. I can tell you, its great just to be there. it is automotive nirvana; fantastic scenery, amazing cars and a track laden with history. No one forces you to drive fast. Consequently, if you haven't been there, you ain't no car fan, FACT.

If i were to drive the 'Ring in anger, i would be in a car with a 'cage. Although, i've never been tempted to do that as the idea of paying for circuit damage/delays is not something i'd be happy about.

Swift Sport
It shouldn't put people off going. As Dave has said, you can go for the 'experience'. I can tell you, its great just to be there. it is automotive nirvana; fantastic scenery, amazing cars and a track laden with history. No one forces you to drive fast. Consequently, if you haven't been there, you ain't no car fan, FACT.

If i were to drive the 'Ring in anger, i would be in a car with a 'cage. Although, i've never been tempted to do that as the idea of paying for circuit damage/delays is not something i'd be happy about.

Big plus one on that... We went in '08 and it was amazing... No need to try and be the Stig at all!

Clio 172
^+1. I just want go for the experience, cars, history etc. You gotta know the track before you can drive like a hero.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I love the Nurburgring. I could happly go round and round all day long. I like the fact its so big, there's so may places to figure out the best line and drive it fast/well.

Obviously if you drive like a hero on any road you dont know you'r likely to end in an accident.

If you watch the video the clio driver nearly crashes on the same corner, he lifts off too but manages to save it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Poor car...At least the owner was ok,if not a liitle bit out of pocket when he got home...