ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few problems... Headlight aim, Steering judder, stereo fitting..

FF RB 182
Few problems with my 182.. The Low beam xenons are too high and blinding people in there mirror and a few people flashed me.. i know there self levelling etc but is there a screw or anything on the headlights themself to adjust them lower?

Steering wheel starts juddering randomly now and again.. when i'm cruising around 75mph after a while the steering starts shaking feels like a wheels going to fall off, had my alloys re balenced tonight and they were fine, one was 10g out other was 20g.. I have a bit of play in drivers side top mount, anything else to check out?

Stereo.. i've just stuck my old Sony head unit into the Clio.. but it won't stay in, theres no like hooks/spring things on the the case so nothing to hold it into the dash.. how do people overcome in

Thanks for your help Simon.

iceberg phase 2 172
on the back of the headlights there 2 on each , white plastic screw/allen head adjustors , but its tight to do with them still attached to the car . the self leveller is in the rear axle i beleve , its for when going up hills etc

FF RB 182
Anyone? Steering's still shaking..

I know how to adjust headlights was just about to do it but its raining.

FF RB 182
Tracking for the steering?

As per the headlamps, the suspension deals with the auto-level AFAIK

Tracking is on my next to do list.. it just seems strange how its ok one minute next minute the wheels wobbling and shaking.. then slow down a bit and its ok.

FF RB 182
With the stereo you should have a cage for it, which fits into the stereo space, and then the stereo clicks into the cage.

Ive got a cage.. but on the standard stereo theres like arms that push out once the stereo is in fully.. my old cage has nothing.. nothing to hold it in place and stop it from coming out.

Where in Plymouth good for tracking

FF RB 182
That does seem a bit odd, it should do it all the time if it was f**ked i suppose!

Yeah thats the thing, thats why i had the wheel balence checked that was my 1st thought, I know i've got a top mount gone drivers side.. but it feels like the near side is shaking.

182 trophy
Drive shaft maybe? Wear on the inner joint can shake the front of the car around, usually worse under slight acceleration, like joinin a dual carriageway or somit

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got a cage.. but on the standard stereo theres like arms that push out once the stereo is in fully.. my old cage has nothing.. nothing to hold it in place and stop it from coming out.

Where in Plymouth good for tracking

Should have little metal tabs which you bend out with a screwdriver to hold it in place.

Protyre do tracking.

FF RB 182
Drive shaft maybe? Wear on the inner joint can shake the front of the car around, usually worse under slight acceleration, like joinin a dual carriageway or somit

Its fine under acceleration.. Just cruising along with speed control set to say 80... it randomy starts shaking and vibrating happened earlier i shook the steering a bit and slowed down and it stopped. Will have to get it on the ramp and have a good look around. I checked the fronts for play etc other day, all that i could find was a top mount.

172 FF
Its fine under acceleration.. Just cruising along with speed control set to say 80... it randomy starts shaking and vibrating happened earlier i shook the steering a bit and slowed down and it stopped. Will have to get it on the ramp and have a good look around. I checked the fronts for play etc other day, all that i could find was a top mount.
S1MON did you ever find out what caused the juddering, because mine is doing the exact same thing. Not sure if it's tyres, shocks, top mounts, tracking etc... Don't want to spend a fortune changing everything.