ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Pics past and present

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
After a 3 year break, I finally got round to buying another - and now with my dry storage and low mileage it seemed to make sense.

The pictures are a bit crappy, but once I've cleaned the cars tomorrow I'll no doubt ***** some better quality pictures:

P1020743.jpg

P1020745.jpg

P1020755.jpg

In it's new home

P1020756.jpg

One's from previous owner:

IMG_17051.jpg

IMG_17151.jpg

IMG_17161.jpg

So this is Clio number 5, a few pictures of my cars which span about 6 years (If you're interested):

Renault Clio 1.4 RT - no pictures

Renault Clio Williams 3 -

03020813.jpg

Wish I could get this private plate and my 4 pots back.

S4010399.jpg

frenchcarshowhugepic.jpg

Next, my 172 mk2 -

I really loved this car and gutted I ended up crashing it (Or crashed into). Mod's on this car were Cup Turinis, spoiler and recaros.

Standard - in Delamere Forrest

S4010026.jpg

After my mods

S4010331.jpg

S4010416.jpg

S4010420.jpg

Then onto the Trophy No 67

Mods are the private plate, mark fish set up, exhaust and decat

DSC_0559.jpg

P1010796.jpg

Couple of really old meet pics from back in the day:

S4010648.jpg

S4010082.jpg

S4010088.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why do all housing estates look the same in scotland??

That williams looks lush Jamie!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
In Aberdeen, all the houses are generally made of granite - so all look dreary and a bit dull.

Vectra
nice williams , think that pic of all the Renaults with the two fiesta is pretty funny lol like the fiestas sneaked into the shot , oh and the last pic is my fav all the clio generations well most of them right there is cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Disastra Coupe
Why do people have to quote pictures like that? Seen them once, don't need them a second time on the same page!!

As for your car's, i'm jealous. Very, very nice :)

keo

Clio Trophy
Williams looks nice, how many miles has it done? How does it compare to the trophy

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
FAO KEO

This is my 2nd Williams which should tell you quite a bit about my feelings toward the cars.

My appraisal:

- The Williams is a better drivers car, the steering wheel, drivers position and feel is better, which makes it easier to drive quicker - or that perception anyway.
- It's also 20 years old, so, it rattles a bit and needs stuff doing to it, which is fair enough but this is a bit annoying in some ways, which plays into the Trophy's hands for a useable car.
- The Williams is, imo, a bit slower (Not loads, but is noticable) that the Trophy in a straight line - however, on the motorway/fast A'road the Williams power and rev bands work a bit better and when not trying etc, it's much easier to pull away and start progressing. I had forgot how quickly they pick up compared to the >5k of the Trophy. Not sure which I prefer - horses for courses I guess.... But overall, I think the engine and compromise of the Trophy could be better rather than the Williams.
- The Williams is a throttle cable so responds alot better to blipping etc when down changing - that is alot nicer to use tbf.
- The Trophy may not have the same amount of driver feedback, but it does handle a bit better - however, comparing a Trophy with -2degrees of negative camber and a MF set up to a totally standard Williams maybe unfair.
- Trophy as a car and unit feels solid and practicle to use on a daily basis, I'm not worried about using and abusing it, the Williams has to be spoon fed into life until the oil temp, water temp and the car is up to operating temps etc. Trophy feels far more stable and less likely to snap into a million pieces.

In summary, for me, the Williams is a special little car and something I'd use on the weekend/take to shows, the Trophy is for everyday. Going for a drive and thrash, I wish the Trophy could be a little more like the Williams in the seating position and steering wheel, but however, I wish for everyday, the Williams could effectively be the Trophy. If I could sort the Trophy wheel for a 197 one and substantially fix the ride height it would fix alot of the Trophy's points for me.

In fairness, I'm not in good position to fairly appraise both cars, as I'm basing the Williams experiences on my 300 mile trek today and previous 3 years motoring (In my old 3) which ended 3 years ago, so I can't really judge too well.

Last edited:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Well, the Williams is an old car, it won't be something I use all that often. The Trophy is a better all round car, the Williams is just a decent old car with a bit of a pull for me. I'd say some people could drive one and say they're a bit s**t - just my rose tinted glasses.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
williams looks really nice, arches look mint, where did u pick it up from? how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking? used to own a mint williams 3 a few years back and i loved it. mine had a hill power stage 1 conversion, and magnex full system and decat and it sounded immense.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
williams looks really nice, arches look mint, where did u pick it up from? how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking? used to own a mint williams 3 a few years back and i loved it. mine had a hill power stage 1 conversion, and magnex full system and decat and it sounded immense.

Yeah - I remember talking to you when I had my 3 and you had yours, was your plate N-EOP?

(Edit I just checked - it was EOY, knew it was something similar).

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?148941-My-Williams-3

Looks really good in those pics, is it still alive?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
  53 Clio's & counting
Whats the miles on the Willy Jamie, looks like 197k!

Stunning though mate, im properly jelous, i still keep looking at another one myself (hope your soing well btw)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Haha - not quite as many miles as that - I think it's 119k.

Miles are more than I wanted, but everything else is better than expected. An engine and running gear review will be next year.