ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of Laura's crash! :(

Tav

Clio 197
Eeek, looks bad! If you live in Aberdeen and use the A90 regularly then you'll know that section of road is bad for standing water, given that to the left of the road the ground rises and so dumps all the rain water onto the carriage-way, made worse by the steep ramp like junction to the left. Can be like crossing a stream.

Only reason for aqua plaining there would a huge amount of water far in excess of what is normally there and/or excessive speed and/or worn tyres. 70MPH limit after just being released from a 40MPH limit, so must people are trying to get going up the hill. She's a lucky lady, if that wasn't an RS4 I doubt she'd have come out.

I've been through the water there at 50/60/70 as it's normally short enough not to matter, slow down for it now though as my tyres are only showing 1.8mm. Perhaps they need to sort out some drainage to stop the road flooding...it is a known issue. Likewise south deeside road just now, death trap to the unwary.

Megane 230 R26
Very nasty crash :(

Having seen more than my fair share of smashed up cars and people, she's very lucky to be alive! In my experience she's probably yet another person who was helped out by the type of seat she's sat in, during a side impact...

Hope she makes a good recovery and isn't put off driving!

Mondeo ST220
Nasty!

Hope she makes a quick recovery.

Car looks very bad. But they are designed to crumple. Even so, looking at that I'd say she's a lucky girl.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If laura is a girl, why is there a random picture of three scottish men?