ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few of my 550i Tourer

Leon Cupra 300
Took some pics today after a clean up, looking to throw an advert together in the next week or so.. I'm about 18 months in now which is a record. I basically buy a car, sort any niggles then enjoy for a year then sell on.. I wish I could buy a car from me!

It's an amazing car, it's great at everything apart from mpg's, 367hp so goes well, it wafts, handles well, it's a proper sleeper, it's rare, it's a V8, it sounds amazing and it's just cool.

Anyway a few pics...

image.jpg8_zpsyapoooje.jpg

image.jpg2_zpshpmog38r.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsp0iovayx.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsz93lemub.jpg

image.jpg11_zps7a5vvm0p.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
They're really rare that's all, apparently just 27 in the country (as an M Sport Tourer) which has them rarer than pretty much everything.

I've had this for about 18 months, in that time I've seen 2 come up for sale that look half decent, and 2 that looked like sheds!

It's going to pain me whenever it goes, though, I just pine for more power!

Mpg depends on driving obviously, I average 19 but roads where I live are rural and quiet so it gets used.. I did a longish, fast motorway jaunt in it and it returned 27. So quite a lot better than an M5, and without the worry that it could break any second.

330i. E30 Touring.
Absolutely amazing, the perfect familt wagon. Mate of mine was in the market for one for about 6 months, but couldn't find one for sale (in the right condition).

Bought a XF SV8 instead.

How much is it going up for out of interest?

Leon Cupra 300
I've not quite decided, I really mean it when I say I'm not bothered for selling.. Think I'm going to be punchy and try for 10k, I'm after an XFR to replace it and I doubt I'll get into one straight away as want to hang on for the deal of the century.

This is fairly spec light tbh but it's got the main bits, pro nav, heated seats, xenons etc... It's in the right/inoffensive colour and it doesn't have the troublesome and heavy pan roof.

Think it will be one of them cars that just needs the right buyer, that might happen straight away, it could be a few months.. Either way is fine.

Leon Cupra 300
There's a few chips and light marks really close up, nothing that you wouldn't expect and nothing that detracts from the overall appearance of the car.

Had it detailed and finished off with some Gtechniq ceramic stuff, it's lasting really well.

330i. E30 Touring.
I don't think £10k is out of the realms of possibility as long as it's not on 160k. Find another 550i Sport Touring for sale in the same colour combi - unlikely. Price can be what you want to an extent.

Leon Cupra 300
It's on 100k exactly, so not mega high.

It's had all the common issues sorted (air suspension, leaky gearbox sump, engine oil leaks etc)

It's a really mint car.

330i. E30 Touring.
If you'd have sold this 8 weeks ago, my mate would now be £10k lighter, that's for sure.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
How are you finding the black window and door trims? Mine are a pita.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Stop going out/going on nice holidays/buying nice cars/living in a nice place?
Obtain no goings out/cr4p holidays/people carriers/not affording a big enough house, being covered in sh1t/sick & having no sleep?
Ill pass lol.
Oh. I thought you did want kids one day.

Leon Cupra 300
Never had any bother with the trim, it was scratched but was 'detailed' and came back looking new. I just wash it and dry it and always looks smart.

In fairness, the boot is huge and you could definitely live in it for a day or two. I slept it in it one night last year after my lass was pissing me off.lol

Clio
Oh i do, just not at the moment lol!!
Want a bigger house first, which i will have enough money for in approx. 2 years :up:
No room in the current place as it only has 1 bedroom, so they'd have to live in the 550i 😂
Have you got a baby entry on your forecasting spreadsheet?

Lovely.

Were these pre-LCI only? I'm running a (mapped) 530d LCI Touring at the moment and its great in every way as a daily.... V8 can only be better though...

Leon Cupra 300
They did them in LCI but I've only ever seen 2 in about 2 years. One was a full spec BMW car but it had active steering and roll bars etc, so s**t loads to go wrong. The other was a manual which is utterly pointless in a car like this.

Not driven a 530d but had a 335d years ago, there's no comparison with the diesels. There's simply no reason to buy a diesel other than mpg.

The V8 gives this car some proper character that I love, it actually attracts a bit of attention just from people noticing the badge.

They did them in LCI but I've only ever seen 2 in about 2 years. One was a full spec BMW car but it had active steering and roll bars etc, so s**t loads to go wrong. The other was a manual which is utterly pointless in a car like this.

Not driven a 530d but had a 335d years ago, there's no comparison with the diesels. There's simply no reason to buy a diesel other than mpg.

The V8 gives this car some proper character that I love, it actually attracts a bit of attention just from people noticing the badge.

LCI pretty damn rare then. Yeah went for diesel with the miles I cover, and for towing the E36. Effortless sofa-like wafting along with the torque.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Love it. Would really like one to try for a week or so. Would be worth sticking the standard M5 alloys on or the spider ones. Those basic wheels just don't do it for me. Good for the sleeper look I suppose

Leon Cupra 300
The regular wheels are all part of the appeal to me, the Spiders were never an option on the 550i.. and I love standard cars.

They only became an option on the Touring with some special edition diesels in 2009. They were 4 x front wheels though as the wider staggered rear of the spiders are too wide for the narrow Touring arches.

The only way to fit the staggered wheels are by using 12mm spacers, they're just a bodge too far for me.

Leon Cupra 300
Think official figures are 5.5 to 62, it feels stronger than that suggests on the road or whilst rolling.

It's quicker than my mates Golf 7R, just not from a standing start.

Evo 5 RS
Think official figures are 5.5 to 62, it feels stronger than that suggests on the road or whilst rolling.

It's quicker than my mates Golf 7R, just not from a standing start.

Not being funny but anything that big under 40 smackers that does 0-60 in sub 6 is pretty serious. Lovely car

Leon Cupra 300
hah, I really like the M3 and I would be tempted if it was dct, IIRC yours is manual?

Whatever I get has to be auto, I'm also tempted by Lexus ISF.