ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hide and seek is the silenced pistol on. I have done the pistol challenge, grenade, rpg and car and shotgun (got 780 on the shotgun one) so far. Think there are 12 in all it tells you in the handbook.

Yeah I didnt use the pistol just kept running up and doing takedowns managed to score 450 i think.

I need to get back on this for those challenges and I have only done 4 I think.

Clio 172
love the shotgun challenge. Free money <3

Did the sniper challenge last night and got 450 on my first go. Still trying to win £1500 at poker, got up to £900 last night and got bored so went off croc hunting.

Totally finished clearing the first island last night so only a couple of missions left to do I think and then on to island two.

Yaris Hybrid
£21 on Steam now. For two days.

Pretty annoyed that I was forced to create a Uplay account and run their launcher to play my Steam game. Getting beyond a joke as a few years from now we will be opening half a dozen launchers with half a dozen different accounts and passwords just to play a game.

I only buy from Steam because I want all my games in one place and under one account. I have even paid more for games on Steam when they were cheaper on Origin for exactly that reason.

Love it when asks you to agree to their terms of service when signing up - well if I disagree I can't play the new game I just bought so....

Do the console boys have this crap to deal with?

Rant over.

Yaris Hybrid
Wow within the first 30 minutes I had fallen through the floor and first started swimming under the ground and then free falling!

182 Cup
whoops, came to have a quick go on it about 3 hours ago...

Currently have 4 skill points I can't use. think I might have explored a bit too long lol.

Q: Where the hell can I find Dingos? only seem to be able to find damn dogs!

That special Sniper rifle is awesome. :D

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I found that dingos only appeared in their specified area at night, in groups.

Clio 172
Got to the second island last night and this feels more like the first island should be, less plants, less ways to get money so you have to try harder. I have almost all the weapon cammo's from the first island due to constantly having too much money. Also two boxes I cannot locate on the first island, one underwater on a ship to the north which appears to be in a cabin that there is no entry too, the other on a small island looks to be under a log but there is nothing there. Anyone else found this? Another weird thing was having spent 2 days literally getting every small quest, lot box and relic I logged on last night to find 9 more loot boxes and a relic that I had somehow not seen before.....seemed a tad odd.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got to the second island last night and this feels more like the first island should be, less plants, less ways to get money so you have to try harder. I have almost all the weapon cammo's from the first island due to constantly having too much money. Also two boxes I cannot locate on the first island, one underwater on a ship to the north which appears to be in a cabin that there is no entry too, the other on a small island looks to be under a log but there is nothing there. Anyone else found this? Another weird thing was having spent 2 days literally getting every small quest, lot box and relic I logged on last night to find 9 more loot boxes and a relic that I had somehow not seen before.....seemed a tad odd.

Try finding a cave mate as the box could be underground maybe?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
After getting bored with the stealth aspects of wiping camps out, I've decided driving a mounted turret into the middle of the camps and decimating everything thing is rather fun.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
After getting bored with the stealth aspects of wiping camps out, I've decided driving a mounted turret into the middle of the camps and decimating everything thing is rather fun.

Ahh yes the full onslaught approach.. I have done this a few times wiped out a whole base with a grenade launcher I was so far away just fired the whole lot into camp they couldn't even see me from where I was.

Goliath I
Been playing this for a few hours now. Spent most the time hunting animals to craft so I can carry more guns, ammo, syringes, moey etc...

Pretty good, can't wait to get to the big boy weapons!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

Awsome idea ill need to try this! Done similar yesterday when reinforcements came on a boat and ran in to the camp, I just jumped on the boat turret and wiped them out.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I usually get a vantage point and spot the pirates with the camera first. Yesterday I shot open a cage and a bear went apeshit and wiped out 2 or 3 of them :cool:

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
The other day I saw a lion chasing a buffalo, so proceeded after them so I could kill the lion easily. They ran on the road a car came and killed both of them, easy skinning :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure its not a cave as I have been all over the place with a tooth comb. I'll maybe look at it again later after I've rinsed the south island.

Hmmm other than that I have no idea as I got stuck in a similar way and found a cave.

Clio 172
I need to do the 100m freefall without dying but can't find a high enough cliff/glider combo to do it off. Jumped off quite a few though I can tell you.

I need to do the 100m freefall without dying but can't find a high enough cliff/glider combo to do it off. Jumped off quite a few though I can tell you.

I did mine like this geezer, the glider on mine was a bit further up the hill to the west though.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 Cup
so is there a parachute or something? or is it into the sea you're supposed to do it, or just die?

One odd thing is I haven't seen one croc yet.

Yeah, you're meant to land in the sea. I think I've encountered probably 3 crocs in about 40 hours playtime.

LY R26 #288
Got this game for crimbo!. I reckon its my favourite game at the moment. Wasted hours today on it. I get sidetracked all the time by hunting, finding things etc. I never end up doing what I set out to do on this game lol.

Clio 172
so is there a parachute or something? or is it into the sea you're supposed to do it, or just die?

One odd thing is I haven't seen one croc yet.

In rivers, look for the patches of lillys, guaranteed croc there. I have killed and skinned easily 30 so far including one near a waterfall that respawns constantly.

Clio 172
South Island is definatly more fun, way more guys driving about the place have got quite a few multi kills thanks to the use of mines and C4. There is a spawn point you can goto on the SW of the island if you buy the maps and I went straight there, have had some epic fire fights. Also completed my flame thrower challenge and destroyed half a mountain in the process.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Liking it so far - but the crafting of basic items like wallets etc, gets boring and a tad frustrating, imo.

When your loot bag is full and you go to sell items to make more space - you can't, because you've maxed out the space in your wallet from the money from your sale. Come on guys - that's taking it a bit too serious!

Regardless, it's MUCH better than Far Cry 2.

D.