ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Damn! I thought I was hammering it but I'm only level 16! What's the quickest way to level up?

Clio
Is this better than MGS5?
I can't justify buying this really as I have got xmas stuff to get but I'm tempted.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Is this better than MGS5?
I can't justify buying this really as I have got xmas stuff to get but I'm tempted.
Hard to compare between the two really but just bear in mind you really sink some major hours into this before purchasing!! My 3 weeks of Christmas holiday is definitely being badly invested in this game.

Clio
Hard to compare between the two really but just bear in mind you really sink some major hours into this before purchasing!! My 3 weeks of Christmas holiday is definitely being badly invested in this game.
Hmmmm, times not really one thing I have a lot of.
Might just stick to my 20 minute rounds on Tigers

Cayman S Edition 1
Damn! I thought I was hammering it but I'm only level 16! What's the quickest way to level up?
Levelling up allows you to select more perks, improving your capabilities as you progress through the story. I've done it through doing loads of side missions (killing, unlocking etc). Don't rush the story, enjoy it :)

Listerine & Poledo
Levelling up allows you to select more perks, improving your capabilities as you progress through the story. I've done it through doing loads of side missions (killing, unlocking etc). Don't rush the story, enjoy it :smile:
I find the game more playable when you're in the earlier levels and every single encounter is a dice-roll of death.

When I was closing out the DLC for New Vegas, wondering about at Level 50 was quite dull

"oh look,deathclaw"
Laser rifle from opposite end of map. Done.

Cayman S Edition 1
I find the game more playable when you're in the earlier levels and every single encounter is a dice-roll of death.

When I was closing out the DLC for New Vegas, wondering about at Level 50 was quite dull

"oh look,deathclaw"
Laser rifle from opposite end of map. Done.
It gets harder the more I level up, even with powerful weapons surprisingly.

Listerine & Poledo
Certainly will, enemies will level up.
To a point.
Then the game is at max-power enemies, but you still cake-walk them. Hopefully not now, but for 3 and FNV, that was the story

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Ok, think I've got enough power suits now.

Power%20Armour_zpszlecgedv.jpg

Well, maybe another X-01 for good measure.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I actually stumbled across another X-01 this morning, although its missing a leg and arm. 82 hours in.

Cayman S Edition 1
Just found a really useful video on improving armour. I had no idea you could do this to such an extent.

Clio 1.2 16v
Finished the main storyline over the weekend and level 55 and i'm gutted, ploughed so many hours into it and still finding awesome stuff, I found a multi story car park that was a Saw style maze with booby traps and loads of loot in when you get to the end. Hardly fast travelling now when going to and from side quests to discover as many new locations as I can, still got the South West of the map to venture to also but i don't like the HUD when using power armor as i've hardly used it throughout my game

Cayman S Edition 1
Finished the main storyline over the weekend and level 55 and i'm gutted, ploughed so many hours into it and still finding awesome stuff, I found a multi story car park that was a Saw style maze with booby traps and loads of loot in when you get to the end. Hardly fast travelling now when going to and from side quests to discover as many new locations as I can, still got the South West of the map to venture to also but i don't like the HUD when using power armor as i've hardly used it throughout my game
I did that car park the other day:)
Also at the same level as you and think I'm getting close to the final storyline, but trying to hold off as long as I can;)

I've found the Power Armour more useful when going out to collect loads of junk.

Clio 1.2 16v
I found a submarine when I was swimming around the east of the map that was pretty cool, had the captain still trapped inside and he had no idea that the nuclear war happened, its massive too

Cayman S Edition 1
I found a submarine when I was swimming around the east of the map that was pretty cool, had the captain still trapped inside and he had no idea that the nuclear war happened, its massive too
I'll keep an eye out for that!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm a good 36 or more hours in now. Have completed the main storyline, but there's so much more to explore and do.

Only have 2 bobbleheads for a start, and 1 main piece of power armour.

Listerine & Poledo
Its the joy of it. So many different ways to go about your game.

I just got told that until I get on with the main quest, I'll miss out on most of the "good" bits.....

But the constitution quest was great (ok, the dialogue was, the quest wasn't a game changer). I can live on side and radiant quests forever.

Cayman S Edition 1
Will be interesting to see what else they release for it next year.

I'm 107 hours in (god knows how) and there still seems so much to investigate.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I battled Swan at the weekend, which was a long 5 minute battle in Boston park. He was huge. Got his Power Fist, too. I'm quite enjoying the melee fighting at close range, purely because of how much damage some of the weapons do. This Power Fist is fantastic, but I've heard the Relentless Shish Kebab and the Super Sledge are amazing.

I'm Level 27 at the moment and I've just finished the first meet and greet quests at the Institute.

Listerine & Poledo
If I didn't have my side-by-side shotgun, I'll be dead in every other battle.

Currently, I only die in 1/5 of all confrontations.

Used to be all about Laser weapons in FO3 and FNV, but this time a nice scoped rifle and my shotgun are all a man needs.
Still carry a laser rifle, tommy and a 10mm but 2 of those have been collecting dust for days

Clio 1.2 16v
I use my "Deliverer" 10mm pistol too much it costs a fortune for ammo but its so much fun to use, Have got a "Last Minute" Gauss rifle too that's ridiculously overpowered

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My main weapons of choice are the Power Fist, modified Legendary Deathclaw Gauntlet, Righteous Authority and the Cryolator.

Listerine & Poledo
i litrally just use the 50.cal for everything, got one with a scope and one with a relex sight, and super sledge for upclose.
That's dedication to the cause. :smile:
The most heroic of all soldiers, the sniper. Dealing with the enemy by shooting them in the back ,400yds away.
(I do exactly the same)
If they get within 30ft out comes the side-by-side. The argument soon ends

DCi
I have a sniper with a big knife on that smashes ghouls to pieces.
I also have a silenced pistol and a perk which increases my sneak damage which kills most thing and there is plenty of ammo for it.

I keep meaning to develop my bases to produce money so I can just buy as much ammo as I please but it seems like work so I cant be bothered

Listerine & Poledo
I have a sniper with a big knife on that smashes ghouls to pieces.
I also have a silenced pistol and a perk which increases my sneak damage which kills most thing and there is plenty of ammo for it.

I keep meaning to develop my bases to produce money so I can just buy as much ammo as I please but it seems like work so I cant be bothered
Greygarden - Plant food there and get the defence up
Santuary - build a big water generator there and defence to suit

Get leveled-up in "Local leader" and you can run supply lines between the settlements so you dont need to plant food or water in the linked locations.

With 2nd Local Leader, you can then build up little trader stalls, which will make caps for you.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If you also find any armour with "Legendary Slow Time" effect on it, wear it, it's fantastic. If you drop under 20% health, time slows down giving you the opportunity to work out what to do, whether that be using a stimpack or going all in for the kill. Helped me out massively.

I'm using the Silver Shroud armour, which levels with my character (bonus for keeping Kent alive in the mission), along with other buffed armour on top of it.

Clio 1.2 16v
I wear a nice slim fitting red dress with a Chef hat (my characters male) purely for lols. I also discovered you can pick up items if you hold x on ps4 and hover them around while in dialogue which is hilarious