ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falling out of love with my car/the car 'scene'

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I have really lost interest in the car recently. It just seems to be a method of getting from A to B whereas I used to love every minute of driving and being in and around the car. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy driving on the right road in the right conditions but even then I dont push the car because I'm not confident in the car's ability or mine for that matter.

I can barely motivate myself to wash, polish or hoover the car. Only 6 months ago it would have been spotless at all times.

I think its to do with the lack of modifying (mainly due to insurance). I poured all my money into my old blue 1.2 which I managed to write off shortly after passing my test. Then renewal time came around so I had to go with the cheapest company which happened to be AXA but they don't allow many mods on my dci. They allow alloys and colour coding free of charge but wont even consider lowering it and I'm not putting alloys on it for it to look like a tractor. I drive a standard clio along with every other f*cker and their mother.

So recently I have been considering new cars to try and get that love of cars and driving back. Although I think a set of coilies and modus wheels would do the same job tbh.

Anyone else in a similar position or have been? What should I do? Change the car or just keep it until this policy is up then go with someone more mod friendly?

(Oh and driving with undeclared mods is not an option)

HELP

phase 2 172
insure your car with a company who dont mind you doing mods.for example my insurence was up for renewal at the end of last month.i shopped around and found a company called performance and modifided.in the back of performance french cars.my insurence for my 172 went from 860(with my old company)churchill.to 600 and they said you can do any mod you want to your .even turbo or charge.it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I know what you mean mate, soon as i crashed i fell out of love with driving... now i use the car on the occasion to get to the mrs house and thats about it....

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
It's not the fact that I crashed tbh. I think its the fact I own and drive a car that is the same as so many others on the road and isn't great to drive although I love the power delivery compared to the 1.2.

Have thought about the remap thing but was unsure about the old insurance situation. It would be just my luck to get caught out...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
remap completely transforms it, my dci 100 flys now and i quite happily drive about in it for 20k miles a year, with a smile on my face every minute

DCi 100
Just plod along with it IMO, so what if you don't like your diesel clio? I don't like my 1.2 Clio.

You'll be licking the exhaust of your new car in acouple years time once you've waited out the storm of being young.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Its not that I dont like it. Its that I dont like who its the same as everyone elses...

Love the fuel economy and the fact its quite quick in gear compared to most of my friends :)

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Was considering Yaris T Sports but there is non for sale this side of the water to even test drive at the minute.

A bit more to insure but look quite good as standard, nippy and something a bit different.

Hyundai i40
tbh the nippyness prob wont mattter to you...sounds like u just want a change and something a bit more special that a standard black clio

185lb/ft dCi
£300 remap and you will never look back, torque always puts a smile on your face. i've had mine 3 and half years now.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Well I have billabong badges :D

But yea I think you're speaking sense. A woman doing such a thing?!?!?!

'99 Vectra 1.8
probably a new car, if you can't do mods I don't think a re-map giving you a wedge of extra torque will keep you happy for long if it's the looks that matter

I don't think I'd be content with any standard car, looks-wise (unless it was a rare ltd edition model etc that looked a bit different to the rest) whereas power isn't really important to me at the moment (hence, I drive a 1.8 Vectra :quiet:)

BMW E92/Audi S3
I know how you feel mate. I'm selling my 225 because I just want a business/***** magnet/barge car..

Clio Dynamique
Just cancel your insurance policy, and go with someone like Elephant or Admiral?

Im cancelin mine in a coupl of months with Direct Line and moving over to Elephant who will let me mod my Corsa :cool: