ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust problem

Clio 182
hey guys, this is the second time i have had a problem with my 10month old exhaust. it is a bosal exhaust and the joint before the back box is blowing. This has occured before a month after the exhaust was fitted. the joint is like a ball kinda thing. hard to explain but there is no sign of air tight sealing or anything. anyone know a good fix for it or should i just take it back?cheers
p.s my car is a 1998, mk1 phase 3 1.4 sport

BMW M3
Is the joint like a ring which is sort of rounded. Ive got one of these and thought my newly fitted janspeed back box was blowing. Not too sure. Can it sound like whistling when you put your put down?

I would be interested in any responces. I put silencer fixing tape round mine just to see if it helps and it def seems quieter. Everything is tightened too.

Clio 182
Well its kinda of like a ball on one end and the inverse of that on the other one to complete the joint. well the sound mine is makin is a spluttering sort of sound. and the joint is all black. i have tried everything. is the silence fixing tape made by the same people who make gun gum?
also i have a rattling noise in the back box. it sounds like there is a stone in there :dapprove: