ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust pop

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Decat pipe along with your current full exhaust system is about as close as you will get to a pop and banging exhaust if its a 1.4 16v (k4j i think) speak to fastchip about an rstuner map with pops

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Decat pipe along with your current full exhaust system is about as close as you will get to a pop and banging exhaust if its a 1.4 16v (k4j i think) speak to fastchip about an rstuner map with pops

Thank you for being the only one to contribute something decent to these threads. Everyone is different, everyone likes different things. I happen to think the 1.4 Clio's are rather nippy.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I wanted to get exhaust popping noise on my 1.4 clio is this possible and how is it done?

As mentioned previously, you can get a mapper to sort that out for you but you'll need to remove your cat (as it will kill it anyway) and get a stainless steel system. Just be aware that you'll suck much more petrol up by doing this and there is a hefty fee for turning back if you don't like it.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Haha. Honestly, having a 1.4 clio popping and banging with its loud (illegal) exhaust is not a good idea.

If you're a scene kid who likes to look performance because you can't afford the insurance yet for a 2.0l and ^ then sorting a car out properly and making it sound and look excellent is not a bad thing nor is it a bad idea.

twingo
anything's possible when it comes to exhaust tunning. it will require a remap for the over run to get the pops that you want. i hope this is the reply you wanted. it's a shame that nobody else could answer your question bar one or two :)

Clio 182 - RB
Even if he went along with this he'd have to tell his insurance witch i'd doubt he'd do because it'll go sky high if he told them he's got a straight through exhaust system and a pop and bang re-map.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ok then. Honest answer.

There's the possibility it would do internal engine damage and knacker your engine.

It will definitely knacker your cat and possibly exhaust silencer(s).

Normal people will LOL because of the race car noise from a clearly non race car. Those into their cars will LOL because, well, just because.

I've seen Clios out on track with pops and bangs and even they sound ridiculous popping and banging at every corner.

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
I'd like my 172 to pop and bang like it does from cold but there's a reason why it doesn't when warm. I'm not going to have my Clio over fuel and potentially have low back pressure just for a few more pops and bangs. Save your money is the best advice I think anyone can offer with regards to this thread. :)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Obviously this is totally up to the OP. But some very good points have been raised in this thread, which a certain poster is overlooking.

Your car is not designed to do this. Everything on it is optimised to work as a finely (albeit French) tuned package. Mapping your engine to force extra fuel into the combustion chamber, and therefore the exhaust system is not doing the car any good. Plus mapping an engine is something you'd have to declare to your insurance, which if you was involved in an accident, a popping 1.4 will be quite noticeable. 6 points and a large fine will be the minimum you will get if involved in an accident.