ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO Mag

Astra TT
Has anybody picked up the latest EVO? Good little article on the evolution of the Renaultsport Clio in there.
It's confirmed my decision to get back into a 1*2.

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 116
I've loved Evo since i can remember but as said it's not what it used to be now [emoji17]

I believe Jethro and Henry have left Drivetribe now so maybe an Evo return i hope [emoji848]

It does seem to be a bit... different.... at the moment - whether it's the change in editorship and the leaving of various people, I don't know, but hopefully it's just a short term thing.

Astra TT
Yeah I do get what you mean, it was incredible 7/8 years ago. Will never forget the issue with the Trophy on the front, loved that.
I think I was just happy to see that Renaultsports are a well thought after performance bargain really.
I still don't know of any better car mags?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Received mine yesterday but haven't read it yet. I just bring them into work to read at lunch.
They've had a LOT of changes recently with a few big names moving on and the writing not being as nerdy (IMO a bad thing)
I think that it started to drop off once Harry stepped down, then when Dickie and Harry stopped contributing as much, even more so.
I'll still sub to it though. It's still the best on the shelf.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Modern Classics magazine is excellent. Plenty of content and varied across all marques.

Received mine yesterday but haven't read it yet. I just bring them into work to read at lunch.
They've had a LOT of changes recently with a few big names moving on and the writing not being as nerdy (IMO a bad thing)
I think that it started to drop off once Harry stepped down, then when Dickie and Harry stopped contributing as much, even more so.
I'll still sub to it though. It's still the best on the shelf.

I think someone commented on here recently about how Dan Prosser was writing 90% of the mag in recent months lol, but he's now moved on (gone freelance?). I think the same is true of Henry?

I don't know - it's just personal writing styles and some of the previous writers have nailed it for me, so the change will take some adjusting.

I kind of found some of the articles to have a couple of cringe-y moments recently - the one that ended on "And now to [the track]!" just smacked to me of someone who ran out of space and needed a link to the next part of the article, and there was something in this edition with an exclamation mark that I thought was... unnecessary. Perhaps I just prefer a 'drier' writing style.

Either way, I think it is still probably one of the best mags out there. I've not read Octane (which I think is its sister mag?) so I might start checking out some options as well.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think someone commented on here recently about how Dan Prosser was writing 90% of the mag in recent months lol, but he's now moved on (gone freelance?). I think the same is true of Henry?

I don't know - it's just personal writing styles and some of the previous writers have nailed it for me, so the change will take some adjusting.

I kind of found some of the articles to have a couple of cringe-y moments recently - the one that ended on "And now to [the track]!" just smacked to me of someone who ran out of space and needed a link to the next part of the article, and there was something in this edition with an exclamation mark that I thought was... unnecessary. Perhaps I just prefer a 'drier' writing style.

Either way, I think it is still probably one of the best mags out there. I've not read Octane (which I think is its sister mag?) so I might start checking out some options as well.
Yeah, exactly that. I've noticed the exact same with the writing too. It's gone a lot more "Top Gear" in style, rather than dry and nerdy like you say.

Evo 5 RS
All subtle signs of the end of civilisation. The new(er) generation of clowns. Tonnes of writers who want to write, but can't.