ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

European Road Trip in my e92 M3

E92 M3
Hi,

I was posting this on another forum so thought I would share a couple of photos from the road trip that me and my girlfriend completed a couple of weeks back with you guys as well. The main destinations where Nurburgring, Munich (BMW), German Alps, Swiss Alps, Black forest, Paris then finished at Goodwood festive of speed. Stopped in a number of places in-between but they were the main ones. I will let the photos do the talking now.

I have taken over 500 photos throughout the whole trip so I have just picked a hand full to try and give a flavour of the trip.

20150615_210905.jpg

IMG_9214.jpg

20150616_162826.jpg

20150616_144842.jpg

Stunning E30 M3 that was in the BMW museum at Munich.

20150616_152624.jpg

Me and my M3 in the German Alps with a stunning lake in the backgroud

20150617_143447.jpg

I met this guy in Germany. He was from New York. He had flown over to collect his new M4 from the BMW factory. He was then spending the next 3 weeks touring Europe then having it flown back to new York! Cool way to pick up a brand new car!!

20150617_172515.jpg

Some of the scenery within the Alps

20150617_173050.jpg

20150618_121233.jpg

My car that was parked next to what was probably 9 feet of snow at the top of the Swiss Alps in the middle of June!

20150619_172157.jpg

This photo taken at the top of the Furkapass. The miles were starting to take its toll, wheels absolutely covered in brake dust!

20150619_181456.jpg

20150620_115937.jpg

Then finally Goodwood festival of speed, probably the highlight of the whole holiday. Spent two full days there and still only seen around 70% of the event!

20150627_131546.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Awesome pics - but need more of them. what a road trip!

E92 M3
Thanks guys. It was an amazing trip. Would recommend it to anyone!

I have no idea how you can tell from them photos but yes mine is a manual. People say i made a mistake buying a manual because it wont be worth as much when i sell it. However I drove a number of duel clutch cars and although it is a great gear box i still preferred driving the manual

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have no idea how you can tell from them photos but yes mine is a manual. People say i made a mistake buying a manual because it wont be worth as much when i sell it. However I drove a number of duel clutch cars and although it is a great gear box i still preferred driving the manual
You mentioned it in Barron's M3 thread ;)
Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

An orange one
Manuals will command more IMO. Seems to be the case with the E46 anyway.

Oh, and pics of the missus?

That's cause the e46 SMG box is pretty dire, the DCT in the e92 is a wonderful price of kit.

Epic road trip OP, id love to do something like this, I just haven't got the balls to do it alone :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That's cause the e46 SMG box is pretty dire, the DCT in the e92 is a wonderful price of kit.

Its also because no one really knows how to fix the SMG when it breaks, & the major parts that break, cant really be rebuilt. Just like the DCT.
So when its under warranty, its not a problem, but when the prices drop & they get to 10 years old, manual makes far more sense, hence the prices rise!!

E92 M3

Epic road trip OP, id love to do something like this, I just haven't got the balls to do it alone 😧

I was a little nervous at first but now I have done it I think it’s almost better doing it on your own as you can pull over whenever you want and do some ‘holiday’ type activities rather than just solid driving.
I would recommend it to anyone! I am thinking about doing Italy and the south of France next year.

Titanium 182
He dude you from the South Stanley area? Used to have a RB182 didn't you? I am from the Stanley area to used to also have a RB

E92 M3
Yeah mate that's me! Rocking a LY R26 now, but I've seen you a lot in the BMW! Should catch up if the NE ever have a meet.

Yes mate, I have seen a couple of R26’s around Stanley. There is a really nice purple coloured one I have seen a few times, didn’t realised they did one in that colour but it looks really good.

I am always up for a ride out, don’t go on this forum as much as I used to but I will keep my eye out. Normally just have one Sunday afternoon a month around Stanhope/hartside with a couple of friends, or Jack Rabbit has something on that I go to.